Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Caught Red Handed!

My little mischief makers have hard evidence against them now! Katelee always sneaks under the computer desk, tugs on the cords and flips the buttons on and off on the power strip. Well...I caught her! Actually, Grant did, as he took the photo, thus incriminating him with the accusation of playing with my camera! Here is the act itself:

After hearing the charges, her plea was innocent...with a sideways head glance, indicating, "who me?!"

And the photographer of the incident, when confronted with camera play, responded with these remarks : "Mom, I have to tell you the truth." (That is a great way to start our conversation I would say.) He continues, " Sometimes I like you and sometimes I don't." Hmmm....that didn't go exactly as planned, but it did open up a great dialogue!

9 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Looks like you taught Grant about honesty, just not tact perhaps. That one may take some time! I love the funny things that kids say and do!

Sermons of the Day said...

That was to good. I think you have a son who has a very real gift. I would incourage his use of the camera. I bet someone you know has an old one you could have for him. I love how honest he was to you. Thanks for the laugh. I hope you like your new neigbors.

Tori and/or Clark said...

I actually chuckled to myself, yes the way an old man does. I guess one day you could use that with him. "you know grant, sometimes I like you and sometimes I don't". Just kidding. Love your stories. LOVE them!!! Let's get together sometime. Me. you. our husbands. maybe no kids. or maybe kids, no, no kids.

ferkyfam said...

That is too funny! I am so glad that kids feel free to speak what ever is on their minds! :)

melbel said...

That's funny that they were BOTH caught, then tried to charm their way out of it. My kids do that too...where do they ALL learn it?? There must be some toddler training class on trouble followed by charm.

Cute pics of the kids, so innocent! :)

kelsey said...

Love that pic of Grant!

Dubb Days said...

i just got caught up on your posts. You and Dave got to go somewhere exotic again!! Good for you! That picture of the beach is right out of a post card. Katelee is adorable as a cheerleader and a hula girl. Grant is hilarios and his picture in his sweater is handsome.
It was great to see you last week!! Once you left I kept thinking of so much more I wanted to talk with you about. Too bad things are crazy busy and we couldn't visit longer! We need to call eachother some time. I am glad you are doing so well and that I can keep up with you through the blog. I hope my mom can make it to your band show!

Becky said...

Little cuties. It sounds like the liking of you and not-liking of you directly correlate with whether or not he did something wrong. No worries, the guilty mind likes to blame others :)

Cara said...

I am still laughing....I can't wait til Katelee starts talking to see if she comes up with the stuff that Grant does.