Running from the monsters at Dinosaur National Monument
We most certainly are having a blast this summer and playing hard. We've spent lots of time at parks and splash pads, the location of a lost tooth, in fact...
We've taken a few hikes, one that got rave reviews from our little people. They claimed we should hike this one every day:
Another hike that encouraged a lot of tears from one little gal, along with a broken hearted sobfest from that child when I gave Grant the hiker of the day award. She told me I hurt her feelings so bad.
She did, however, become the best adventurer at our latest excursion in the canyon. We loved being able to beat the scorching heat by escaping to the mountain. I feel as though I have been melting this summer, and it is not pleasant for anyone. The only place I loved the triple digits was in Lake Powell, where we could jump into the water to cool off.
Dave's brother is so nice to let us boat with him, take the kids surfing and is so patient teaching one special boater (me!) how to wake surf!
I may not surf like a pro, but I can tube with the best of 'em!
We have had lots of great community events...a Demolitian Derby, where Brenna repeated over and over and over that the 'cars broken.'
A float preview for the parade commemorating the Pioneers that settled our lovely valley.
Apparently, Grant believes in reincarnation, because he informed me that he was a Pioneer that walked across the plains. Unfortunately, he died then, but he has come back to life now. Excellent.
Of course, we enjoyed our nation's birthday. Don't be fooled by the word across this little one's shirt-or her innocent face for that matter. She is still as spunky as ever.
At one of our park play dates recently, she stripped completely. As she streaked across the grass with picnic-ers gazing, I wrestled her down trying to get the child clothed. She is strong. I was attempting to use all my muscles, but it was hard. I told her she was not being nice, to which she replied, "Poor mommy!" She even had a little voice lilt in there, completing her sarcasm. I don't know how she even knows how to be sarcastic, she has never been around that...ever ;).
1 comment:
I so enjoy looking at all the pictures and hearing about all the adventures!! We love you guys very much!!!
Post a Comment