Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here We Go...

First day of school today!!  Hooray!  Grant told me that this summer was WAY too short!  I think it was plenty long! 
 

Here he is prior to starting the big 3rd grade.  And Katelee is below, ready to start 1st grade.  Dave offered to take them to school, but I wanted to show Katelee where to line up and make sure she was comfortable. 



 We parked the car, I walked as quickly as I could, but honestly, that is as slow as tar.  In my mind, my body is speed walking Olympic style, but my swollen legs and belly waddle at the speed of a stuffed snail.  Grant raced ahead of me, didn't even say goodbye, but luckily all the kids line up in the gym, so he couldn't ditch me so fast.  I walked Katelee to her line and in an effort to avoid the tears, I kept my mouth closed.  That, however, resulted in a horrible snort/choke sound.  So, I just did a quick dab/wipe when I started leaking.  There were another couple people teary...okay, one was a first grader, but why compare ages?  Katelee walked off, with me waving and she didn't even see it.  I am so glad she was excited.  I walked by Grant's line and at least got a wave out of him. 


 
I'm definitely going to miss them during the day.  We have had lots of fun this summer.  As soon as they got home, the teasing ensued and it was reassuring that there will be 8 hours a day less of that! 


 My goal was to make it through the first day of school, and we did!  So, bring on baby #4!  This picture, for posterity sake was taken a little over a week ago.  I'm fairly certain I am a good 20 lbs bigger than this!  Okay, not so, but it feels like it.  Dave took one look at my cankled feet last night and said he felt like taking a pin and popping them-they look like they are just filled with water...which they probably are.  I am looking forward to being able to bend my toes, roll over, cease vomiting and mostly hold my baby!!! 

 

1 comment:

Lisa McArthur said...

You didn't mention anything about all the bubbles and children peaking through!! Glad they are liking school. They are getting so big, and you, my dear, look beautiful. I hope our newest little nephew comes soon so his mommy can feel better and so we all can see him. The girls and Adam start on Monday.