Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Celebrating 7 years and 7 months!




Wahoo!  Its been party time around these parts!  We get a little crazy on St Patricks Day...

 As you can tell from these wild party people...


While we love the Irish holiday, our focus is more on little Miss Katelee, who turned 7 this year.  We sported festive trendy mustaches, but Harrison couldn't get his right.

Her dinner choice was oven fried chicken, the kind that she explained ALWAYS sets off the fire alarm.  It really does, the smoke alarm goes off every time, without fail when I make that.  So, Katelee had the chair and dish towel ready for me to fan the smoke detector.  She races to the doors and turns on the fans for me, but it must be so worth it.  She loves that chicken.  After that, it was time for presents. 


This girl may have a future as an author or illustrator.  She makes books by the dozens.  We have a collection of Katelee McArthur originals and some she copies.  It is amazing what she does.  So, her wonderful aunt Shannon got her a little kit she could make hard back books.  She obviously, was impressed.  She has new roller blades from Christmas that I have been requesting go along with a helmet, but she informed me (in tears, mind you) why she never wears a helmet 'because all we have are boy helmets and it is SO embarrassing.  So she got a beautiful purple helmet to accessorize those blades with, as well as twister, a new book, sand art, and new pj's.  After a few rip roaring times of Twister, all of which I won, except one where Jason called my readjusting, we had cake and ice cream. 


We made a candy land cake, gluten free of course!  We had to remind Katelee not to wish for the same thing she always does when she  blew out her candles.  When it was Brenna's birthday last month, Katelee told us she really hoped when it was her birthday she didn't wish for the same thing she has been year in and year out.  She, apparently, draws a blank when it's is wish time, or she buckles under the pressure, but she doesn't even want the wish that pops in her head.  When we asked what the wish was, we were all dying...every year, Katelee has been wishing (but really NOT wanting) to 'join the circus!!' We reminded her not to...no underage circus performers under our roof!!


We waited til the following Saturday to have her friend party because she wanted to watch FROZEN with her friends and it came out on DVD just before that.  So, we had a pancake and pajama party with these cute peeps:
 Grant and Collin (who were banished to the basement after their sing-a-long to the songs included words like poop and dumb and everyone was going to die), Brenna, Courtney, Katelee, Breanna, Hailey, Brinley, Emily, Pyper, Rian, Capri and Aspen. 
 There was lots of singing and syrup, cups with personal pictures

yea, I know, I'm not artist.  It was a snowflake, frozen wonderland! 
 A special thanks to grandma, who slept over and joined us in her pajamas because Dave was out of town and I needed some reinforcements.  It was a perfect party!  Katelee loves to be goofy and put on a show.  She may have a career there too, as she can manipulate emotions with the snap of her finger!  She may have turned lucky 7, but we really are the lucky ones having this amazing girl in our family!!!


Also celebrating a lucky 7 milestone, is this little dude! Harrison is obsessed with me.  Really, I am not just saying that.  The feeling is completely mutual, except at night.  We still have severe issues there.  He is very active and has moved on from the worm crawl to the stink-bug bum in the air crawl.  Harry loves to pull himself up and got his very first baby goose egg today.  Because he loves to pull himself up, it was time to lower his crib mattress. I don't know why, but this is one of the two saddest milestones for me in a baby's first year.  I love laying them down so close to my arms and face in their crib.  Now, I feel like I am dropping him to a deep abyss.  Really, I can't reach the bottom on my tippy toes, so I do a small drop for sleeping times. 


 
But, at least I still get to see this adorable grin when I walk in his room.  Love love love this boy!










1 comment:

Castle Rock 'n' It said...

what a fun cake! You are so creative! I can't believe how big Harrison is, even though he's so little.