Monday, May 5, 2014

Eight Months and Easter

This stud muffin hit eight months and his photo shoot was a little wild!
I couldn't get him to hold still, which is how he is all day!  He is a super crawler and has yet to master the stairs, so we are in extreme potential danger mode.  He thinks it is the funniest thing ever when I make him go backwards down a flight.  My other babies hated it, he is so funny.  Really everything is funny to him- except unfamiliar faces, he hates them all!  We love him SO much.  I feel like I can't possibly have loved my babies as much as I do this boy.  (I'm sure I did!)  Really, we are all enamored by him.  See, here is Katelee having to ride with him in the little car...
Then there is Grant...
Yea, can't even get enough of the boy, he thought it was worth jumping in the tub fully clothed.  Weirdo! Brenna isn't in love with Harry on a consistent basis. Sure, some days she has the high pitch baby love voice, but last week she told me she was tired of him and she doesn't want him anymore.  In fact, she had just the friend (Megan), she wanted to give Harrison to.  I asked her if Megan wants a baby and Brenna said, "I think so.  And, she has a dog.  I want a dog!  We never have a dog!"  She is concocting a straight up trade dog for cutest baby alive...not gonna happen! 
 
Easter came and brought awesome weather along this year!  It was so nice we even did an outside night time egg hunt the Friday evening before. 
 
 
We let the kids decide if they wanted to be a part of the organized chaos the city puts together...the seven second hunt.  I am positive it can not be called an egg hunt because it is more like, as soon as you hear the bell, stuff as much things in your basket before you are trampled.  And of course, they wanted to do it! 
 
I can see Katelee!  This was her age group.  We made it just in time for Dave to wheel the baby and Brenna to her area, I had Grant run to his field next to Katelee and showed him where to meet us and I stayed with this little lady.  It was so funny!  We had all the kids decked out for that Sunday, but I stayed home with the little dude who had a 104 fever!  He recovered quickly, but it freaked me out.  I was totally sick last week too.  I can't even talk about it with out grossing anyone out, but I smelled so bad.  I told Brenna to stay away from me and she was like, "I love stink.  I can smell it and I love it!"  Giving me a hug was worth the stench, what a sweetie!
 
I dressed up Harrison even though he didn't go to church.  We also had visitors this month.  Grandma and Grandpa McArthur were in town for baby Jack's blessing.  It was so good to see them (I forgot to take pics, darn it!).  We also had Brent, Kimber and Max and Karly stay here. The kids were in heaven!!  They don't get cousin time enough. 
 
We are so grateful  for our Savior and the Easter season that reminds us of what life is, why we are here, and the hope of things to come.  We are truly blessed!



 

No comments: