Thrills:
Grant earned his bear rank at cub scouts. Way to Go Grant!
We picked out our pumpkins at our favorite pumpkin patch
The tiny corn maze and tractor ride that is provided there is so thrilling, Grant was left speechless.
We carved up those pumpkins...but didn't take any pictures, I feel like I am becoming a grumpy old lady when it comes to pumpkin carving. I promise my fingers hurt from the design work for days. But, the roasted seeds were oh, so delicious!
Chills:
October is not complete without some bone chilling experiences. We had a little Halloween gathering with delightful/disgusting food...
witches brew, swamp water with worms, candy corn fruit cups, mummy dogs, zombie fingers, witches broomsticks, pretzel pumpkins and spider eggs. The girls invited some friends over to chill and play minute to win it games. The oreo down the face to the mouth game was a big hit, Marshmallow transport with Vampire teeth was hilarious, the classic donuts on a string never disappoints and terrifying Ghost in the Graveyard (aka as Goose in the Graveyard by Brenna) had everyone squealing in fear. It was a super fun night!
We visited our buddies, the Witches at Gardner Village, and chilled with them one warm evening.
But, we really looked forward the most to disguising ourselves and spooking people!
Here is Katelee doing just that for crazy hair day....
Brenna is in the back row of her preschool class picture. They sang some spooky songs and one kid wandered around the whole time, it was good entertainment.
We took the littles to high five our superstars in the elementary school parade. It was all in preparation for the big day/night-all Hallow's Eve!
We went to Dave's work to trick or treat (we have the cast of Frozen, and a spooky mirror Ghoul) I'm not sure why Grant wouldn't be Kristoff or Sven, but he wasn't digging the ideas! After some pizza at the office, we came back for trick-or-treating.
Olaf hated wearing his hat the entire night. Notice how we are holding his hands down. The cute snowman face lasted a good .3 seconds and then it was ripped off. He still loves warm hugs!
We had a spectacular time and now we have gallon bags full of candy and a few extra pounds. I could still recognize my kids, ok, not Grant. There was no way to tell who he was under that mask. But, Brenna still says to me, even without costume, "Mom, it's me, Brenna. I'm your small child." I am so glad she is around to keep me straight. Although I am not sure what she thinks about me. Yesterday when I told her we had no more chicken noodle soup around for lunch, I would have to buy more, she took a moment, and responded with, "Hmmm, I don't trust you." Perhaps she has discovered me sneaking into her Halloween stash for those Twix candy bars!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment