Harrison is 2! He didn't realize it was his birthday, of course, the day before or even that morning. But, waking up to a giant Olaf balloon (whom he affectionately refers to as "Ya-Ya") tips a kid off that it was a special day! We love this little fella so very much!
Harrison got some board books from Grandma he loved, new hats from his McArthur grandparents, hot wheels from his siblings and a huge dump truck from his adoring parents. Big brother Grant had some serious flashbacks to his garbage obsession that overtook his life around 2008-2009. I think Grant loved playing as much as Harrison!
The cake was a chocolate construction site, so fitting for a truck loving toddler!
Harrison LOVES listening to the soundtrack of Matilda (the musical) in our car. He always asks for the 'cake' song. He even holds up his hands like an opera singer and does all the "AHHHH's" While he could not finish the entire chocolate cake on his own, like Bruce Bogtrotter was forced to, Harry did enjoy the birthday goodness. Dave was just worried I was going to let him go at it like I do when the kids have all turned one. He was so relieved when I told him we wouldn't be doing that ever again, that's a rite of passage reserved only for first birthdays. The look of relief on Dave's face was priceless.
Harrison sang himself the birthday song and made a valiant effort to blow out the candles. He is really trying to fill his role as a '2 year old.' He attempts fits multiple times a day, but usually they are so fake, we can't even keep a straight face. This boy loves vehicles, especially airplanes and helicopters. My favorite word he says right now is 'mota-cyca.' He vrooms his little motorcycle all over the furniture. It's adorable. We love hearing him talk, he is really trying. He has the absolute best belly laugh that is used a lot with his silly sense of humor. Can't wait to watch him grow this year!
The older three have begun their academic careers of the 2015-2016 season. Grant is in the 5th grade, ruling the school at the Elementary. He has Miss Kidd and has so far loved it...besides the homework, of course!
Katelee is in grade three with Miss Weber. She also just got her ears pierced (or piered, as Brenna says it). She is literally becoming quite a little lady.
Lets see how long this excitement lasts for the school year!
Brenna started kindergarten the week after the older two because they have kinder assessments. She is on a modified schedule for all day Tuesdays/Thursdays and every other Friday. I have had a sinking feeling about sending this little pip squeak to school. I kept thinking 3rd time around, I've got this, but then I would look at her little face and my heart would drop. I had been telling her she was going to stay home with me and she promptly replied that I am not the boss of her and she would be going to kindergarten. It's times like that, as well as when she told me I am not fun anymore, I went on my trip and I'm just not fun anymore, that I decided kindergarten would be a good thing for her and me!!!
It still didn't stop me from crying when I dropped her off. I walked her into her little classroom, and she asked me if I would please leave. I teared up as I left her, I sobbed when I got home. I'm a baby, I love those little people so much! But, I'm sure enjoying my time here-especially Tuesdays and Thursdays!!! Ha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment