Sometimes I feel like I live in a world of strange creatures. One of these beings is this one:
She feels things deeply and never wants to be in trouble. She recently was shockingly sassy and I couldn't believe what she said to me. Covered in apologies, literally plastered in 'I'm Sorry,'
she had to win back my favor.
There has never been any doubt this one is from another planet, so we will just skip over her this time!
Then, there is the small one.
The one whose age appropriately clings to the description, "Terrible." One minute he is making us crack up, or astonishing us with his love of broccoli, when he refuses most food that doesn't include high doses of sugar;
The next minute he is screaming bloody murder, chucking things across rooms, or insisting on underwear when he really just wants to potty train for one day.
Who can resist Yoda undies? I don't blame him. He is obsessed with the Star Wars galaxy. He can do every weapon's sound effect and demonstrates a light saber demise impressively. While he was pseudo potty training and I had to place him on the throne, he was so mad, he passionately cried, "YOU DARF VADER." Apparently, I was his sworn enemy.
I feel like we entered hyper speed when I think of this one...
Did he just turn 10? Actually, wasn't he just the size of the little guy behind him in the photo? Well, despite the light speed that has carried us to this point, he just turned 11!
Gone are the days of cub scouts (which really is a whole other world in itself, who likes doing cheers where you pretend to spit watermelon seeds?! It is an odd universe, indeed!)
He is growing up before our eyes, and yet we are experiencing deja vu because I know 5 years ago he had a Star Wars party, and here we are again.
Dave took our eldest Jedi to see 'The Force Awakens' (for his second time), along with some of his buddies-Cameron, Tyson, Easton, Kyle and Matthew.
Of course, a battle ensued when they returned and I felt grateful they can still be 'little' padawans.' I know these moments are becoming few and far between...eek I just realized that uses the word 'tween.' Yea, we are there.
This boy got his first personal electronic device and couldn't be more thrilled. He has taken up Snowboarding a little more this season, and loves it. He did not enjoy his trip up with Dave yesterday, which was supposed to be for Grant's birthday. On their first warm up round, just going down the bunny hill, Dave biffed it and ended up in the resort clinic with a dislocated shoulder. Ouch for him, bummer for them both. Luckily, I am going to dust of my skiing skills (which haven't been tapped into for 10 years) and take him up again this weekend. Grant loves to tease, hates to do homework and piano, but he is a great student at both. He has enjoyed junior jazz this season, has grown into a fun tennis player, and is excited for soccer to start up again. He is a loyal friend with a tender heart and a desire to be good. He will never join the dark side!
Grant loves the winter weather and it is so fun to see all the caves/tunnels/forts that dot our yard and the Taylors' across the street.
We are so happy Grant is a part of our family. He is so important to us all. His little apprentice in combat looks forward everyday to their battles...then Harrison ends up screaming, but soon, it will be fun for all!
I swear I exist in a galaxy far, far away, where I am in a perpetual 24 year old loop. How I came to be 35 with kids and responsibilities that are far reaching into eternity, I cannot grasp. So, I just take it day by day, seem to play house with Dave and enjoy my birthday creme brulee! Because, hey, what else can ya do?!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kara & Grant! I love Grant he is such a great guy! So, Darf Vader, I hope your potty training goes better!
Post a Comment