Monday, July 2, 2018

Busy Busy Busy

Just because school was out, we did not get to kick our feet up and chill for the beginning of summer.  One week into our June, I had girls camp.  Girls camp may be a time of kicking it for some people...but not so much for the camp director...which was me.  
This was my second year for the position so I knew it was a big job and I knew the girls are awesome!  We had the theme Bee His Hands and it was so great!!  We had an epic lip sync, canoeing, hikes, crafts, service project, devotionals, camp fire singing, delish meals cooked on a smoker, marshmallows, smores, testimony meeting and so much more.  Phew...it was a great and exhausting time! Thank heavens for an awesome assistant-Tristen and the other leaders.  
I honestly have learned that when we are turning to the Savior we can Be His Hands as we interact and go through this world.  Last year after camp, I came home crashed and maybe cried...ha!  But this year, we had family in town.  So, no rest for me!  It was Michael and Hayley's wedding so there were people all over.  It was a lovely wedding, but I got no pictures. 

Grant went to Scout Camp the following week with his troop.  They went up to Bear Lake where he earned his Small Boat Sailing and other badges.  I am sure a good time was had by all.  The same week, I was out the door again.  This time to New York tagging along on ADP business.  Dave had a work trip and I got to benefit from the hotel room! I went to the Met, explored the city and saw shows while Dave worked.  It was pretty much a dream come true!  I got to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 
which was pretty much the most amazing thing I have seen on stage! I was scared, I cried, I was amazed by the magic.  Wow!!  

I usually would spend every minute in a musical, but this production was worth every penny and moment I had.  It was done in two shows, so part one I saw right when we arrived in New York and the next day I wrapped it up.  

Dave and I did get to spend a little time together one or two days.  We walked Chelsea Market, went to a session at the Manhattan Temple...
This temple amazes me at how all the outside noise is not even a faint sound as you sit inside.  Man, how we need those peaceful places where we can let all the chaos and distractions go.  We also spent hours at the 9/11 museum.  It was quite the emotional experience.  
New York is so fun!!!  Till next time, Big Apple! 

When we got back, it was Katelee's turn for a Hogwarts experience.  She and her friend Emily had a magical time at the library day camp.  
 They learned spells, drank butterbeer and were sorted-Gryffindor for these brave ladies! 
 Because why not have another crazy week?  We left a few days after that for a small get away to Colorado. We wanted to go visit Brad and Angelique and family in Castle Rock, so we drove out there way.

 First stop was Steamboat Springs.  We took a cool short hike by a waterfall that had tons of butterflies.  We stepped gingerly around the rocks and slowly would extend our hands hoping to catch a Monarch.  We all got to hold one!  It was a pretty exciting day! 
We had a fun hotel in the middle of the ski resort and dined before we hit the hay.
 On our way to see the Colorado Petricks, we drove through Rocky Mountain National Park. 
The elevation in Rocky Mountain is so high, we were driving right through the clouds.  We tried to keep everyone awake the whole time...but the boys snoozed for a bit of the drive.  
We walked out on the tundra and experienced the cool temps and thin air.  It was awesome! 


We took no pics of our time with the family...but we really did go!  Harrison was scared of Jax and Maizie, the new additions (dogs!), but everyone else had a great time together.  We ate, went to a park, attended their church and hung out.  It was so good to see them!

This was a whirlwind month and only possibly with some divine help!  I was praying for assistance and safety everyday.  Harrison finds it pretty comical to interrupt by prayers, so I literally have to hide in a closet in the dark while I pray.  He gets disappointed if I am successful with out interruption.  So, while I tend to be quicker than I should so I don't have an electronic toy buzzing in my ear or yelling to stop, I still rely on those prayers!!

Harrison's prayers consistently were pleading that 'Jesus would come here and hold that sheep again.' He has seen a picture of the Savior lovingly holding a lamb.  I am all in favor of Jesus coming here soon!  Second coming anytime, please!!!

No comments: