Saturday, February 3, 2024

Starting Off Right

When we started 2023, my motto was 'surgery free for 2023.'  We almost made it- I had a minor woman procedure in December, so hoping we can get through this next one with no surgeries, but our catch phrase will be more like 'Give Me More of 2024.'  Maybe if I think like that, it will be one of our favorite years ever.  Yea, lets go with that.  

Katelee started off the give me more of 2024 life with lots of snowboarding.  She has already put her Brighton pass to great use.  One of the days she was boarding, she looked over and recognized a famous face.  She turned to her friend to ask if it was Benson Boone and when her friend confirmed, they decided to say hello.  
She told me she knew for sure it was him because she could hear his music on his phone.  I told her that I thought he was weird he was listening to his own music!  haha Turns out he was creating a post for his upcoming song-which has since turned out to be the biggest hit ever.   Soooo...not so weird after all.  The funny thing is Katelee sent this pic to me and Brenna saying "look who I just saw!"  I initially thought it was an extended family member or friend and I side texted Brenna asking if I should know him.  Brenna had immediately freaked out saying NO WAY!   I know who Benson Boone is, I just was unfamiliar with his face.  I am almost up with the times...almost.  

Katelee and her friends have since seen Mr Boone in a little impromptu concert release where he jumped on social media saying he was going to sing his new songs at a location and whoever could get there would enter for free.  Hundreds of fans (girls) rushed to his locale and Katelee sent me the funniest videos from inside the venue- gals screaming the songs and then people outside the windows just pressing on the glass trying to get a glimpse.  So so funny.  


2024 is a Book of Mormon year for our church and we were super pumped for it in primary.  I am one of the music leaders-which I love.  It is so fun and I get to be with Harrison.  Last time I was music leader, I was released when Harrison was going to be a little sunbeam so at least I get to do his last year with him.  


We haven't had too much snow in December-like hardly any.  January picked up the pace quite a bit.  We really didn't have too thick of snow- we took care of all the removal with shovels and didn't need our snowblower.  Not sure Harrison could create such stirring sports logos with a snowblower, so it worked out.  I guess there was one GIANT snowstorm, but Dave and I missed it.  

I was accompanying him on a work trip to Cancun.  So, while my family was stranded at various activities due to a blizzard, we were in a slightly different climate.  
I was drinking a pina colada and getting pics of poor Shannon trying to get to Harrison at his basketball practice.  It took them hours to get home, so we were so grateful everyone was safe in the snow squall!  It sounded like treacherous driving conditions for sure.  Shannon handled it with great calm.  We had actually been driving recently and I had to tell Dave he was driving dangerously.  He kinda of chuckled and Harrison sternly rebuked him.  Harrison said, "It is not funny to be dangerous- it's like oh lets play with a knife for fun."  So maybe it was best Harrison was in hands he thought were more cautious.  Truthfully, Dave is super cautious in snow and rain, just to be clear.  It is the normal sunny weather we aren't so sure about.  When Harrison and I were talking about weather/tropics, he brought up the Bermuda triangle, naturally.  The kid is on to something.  He is sure the lost city of Atlantis is underneath because, as he explained, 'what better way to guard your ancient kingdom than to surround t by a triangle of stormy weather.'   We have yet to brave the Bermuda triangle, but maybe these storm experiences are preparing Harrison for something like that someday.  

Brenna got to perform at the high school for a basketball half time.  There was a dance company clinic so she learned a hip hop routine and performed it.  Slay queen! She's got some rizz! See- my slang is almost up with the times.  

Give us more 2024!  We have most of the year to go...so praying it is a good one!  It will inevitably give us more-more time together, more memories, more lessons, more insights, more hardships, more tears, more laughter.  So, let's just hope whatever it gives MAKES us into something more.  Maybe we will amend the phrase to 'make us into more in 2024'



 

No comments: