Nothing tops kicking off the crisp fall air than our week up at Snowbird.
We are so lucky to have these majestic canyons so near to where we live that we can pop up anytime. Saving that week 36 for Petrick-fest makes it all the more amazing up there.
We hike, swim, play games, talk small walks, play bingo if we are up that day-we still go up and down with school, work, dance, lacrosse, etc. The older Snowbird patrons are not sad when the McArthurs miss Bingo. It brings a new level of intensity and a decibel they don't endorse at typical Bingo events.
Dave has decided he doesn't love to sleep up there since there is no air conditioning. He needs that cool night air, so he comes up and down the most. He was describing his drive up and trying to relay a story when he fumbled for his words a bunch.
Now, mind you, the Presidential Debate between Trump and Biden had just aired so as he was searching for words, Harrison says 'hello Joe Biden.' Yikes. Dave gathered his thoughts quick and continued on with determination. hahaha
Katelee brought multiple friends groups up throughout the week and Harrison and I spent a lot of time enjoying the gorgeous setting. But, he and I did have to go down to coach Katelee's Powder Puff football team.
Katelee won the championship last year and she claims it is one of her highlights of HS, so to be stuck on a team with Buffy and me as coaches has not been thrilling for her. It had been quite the drama as the teams were clearly stacked. But, that's why we called in the big guns, our secret weapon-Coach Harrison McArthur aka the dominator
He made a whole playbook based off his plays from flag football
that we bound and flipped around as we tried to lead the girls to victory...but alas we just couldn't catch a break and we had some frustrating games. We had a good time but Katelee will not be able to end her high school homecoming football tournament on a win. She will have to look back on junior for all of time as the best time of life.
I took Harrison to a game or two at the high school with me. He painted his white generic helmet he got one Christmas. I had begged him not to, he had insisted and it actually turned out pretty well. I need to trust this artist-he knows his stuff.
He was completely covered in color from the elementary school fundraiser fun run! Not sure if he thought those colors blended, but I got a good kick out of it when he came in the door...notice the picture had to be taken in the garage because I wouldn't let him step foot in the house in that state.
Katelee didn't just have the powder puff game to look forward to homecoming week-she also went to the dance with her good friend, John Coleman.

She had a fabulous time! yes...that is my thumb, but she looked so cute in this photo, I still wanted to save it. After the dinner and dance, they went to a haunted house downtown. I had asked Katelee to take her earrings out that she borrowed because she has lost some of them in the past at dances. I wanted her to just put them in her bag as soon as she was done with picts. Well, she forgot and yay that she did because while they were getting their fright on their car was being broken into. The glass was smashed in and all their belongings were swiped. Someone has a nice new homecoming dress now, cuz Katelee had it in her bag. One boy had his wallet taken, but the saddest awas her friend how had her great grandmother's heirloom jewelry that had been passed down in her purse that was taken. Stinking thieves!
Brenna is fully in dance mode...as if that ever stops. She is dancing at the studio more than ever this year and is even assisting a couple of younger classes.
She is also taking some honors and an AP class at school, so she is always busy.
We just keep running running running...but not our refridgerator. It decided to no longer run at all. We kept seeing little puddles of water on the kitchen floor and we thought maybe ice cubes hadn't been picked up (stinkin kids do that sometimes ;) but, nope everything was defrosting. Once we realized it, I spent a whole day trying to save the meat we had in there- boiling, baking, shredding, grilling, etc. Harrison ate so many chicken nuggets and bacon etc he turned to me and expressed, "I hate to say it, but I think I need some vegetables." hahaha! New fridge, more veggies coming right up!










No comments:
Post a Comment