Saturday, October 4, 2025

Changing Seasons

Favorite time of year! We cannot capture the glory of the mountains changing colors on our iphones...well, I can't because I'm not a great photographer, but we do try and capture it in our minds as we do some drives, 

hikes and especially spend our Petrick week at Snowbird.  
Katelee came down just for the weekend, since she is a busy college gal now.  Brenna had very little time to get away with it being football season and homecoming week.  

She got asked to her very first dance by a boy named Cayson.  
She had a ton of fun with her group, especially the girls since they are all good friends.  She may have even got a few words out of her date!  

It was a little unreal sending this gal out to do the high school things.  But so far so good, she is eating it all up and loving it.  

We've been able to support her dancing at half time and the pregame, including the week we had Iron Blosam.  We came down for the performance and Harrison and I headed back up as soon as she was done.  But not before we snapped this pic because 6/7 is the biggest hype right now.  He was absolutely blown away.  

Harrison and I got the most time at the Bird.
We tried to do photo shoots that would make his sisters proud. 
It's a good thing I've got this kid to do stuff with still.  

He is a good sport, super pleasant and fun.  And we are coming to terms with all his 'lasts of elementary.' Like the color run...
Bro looked like a Smurf, in the best way possible.  
Everyday he thinks he is taller than me, everyday (thus far) he is disappointed, but he is a giant among the 6th grade, he is definitely not a little kid anymore.  He comes home saying how baby-ish the principal was talking or how some of the activities are.  I've missed him in primary at church, but he probably would think my games are silly now ;)

I mean, it's hard to not feel like you are totally cool when you have this aura.


Still adjusting to our change of life seasons here, while every season may not be my favorite initially, there is beauty in each one that's for sure.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this family 😘!

Dubb Days said...

Were you doing Music Measles as Primary Chorister?! Best calling EVER!