Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Wild Child...

That is what Grant has been lately, no surprises to most of you who are acquainted with the boy. I have come to the conclusion that punishments, threatenings, etc are frustrating to not only the child, but the parent!! I will tell Grant if he doesn't do such and such he can't go outside (punishment for me because I want to play outside!!)...I tell Grant if he hurts his sister again, he will not get to watch tv for the day (punishment for me because he sits in a trance for the full curious george program, giving me 30 minutes of rest and delight!), or my latest punishment was when I sprayed Grant's mouth, after he was talking back to me, with "sassy spray" (a mixture of vinegar and water in a little spray bottle), and it bounced off those taste buds into my eye!! Don't worry, the sizzling sensation subsides within a minute or so! Next week may be better...we hope!



We just developed about 7 months worth of pictures at Costco...so I thought before I deleted these bath pictures off of my camera, I would post them. We love the Crayola bath fizzies that dissolve in your water. I have loved discovering the differences in my kids' personalities lately. Bath time, for instance-Grant, not a big fan of water, doesn't want it in his hair, face, etc. Katelee on the otherhand, could lay down in it all day long. Katelee cries all day long and is so dramatic, Grant was not so much this way at the same age. I wonder at times if it is personality differences or gender differences...Grant likes to explain to me that a lot has to do with being a boy. Recently he was jumping off my bed onto the pillows on the floor, definitely an activity that both boys and girls alike would enjoy. Well, he only had on his underwear, and he decided to pull it up on both sides with his hands, creating a self-inflicted wedgie. I asked him why he was doing that and he said, "Cuz mom, it's just what boys do." Lets hope boys like to behave and share and be obedient this week!!!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Ok, I am still laughing. I'm sorry about your eye - but really. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Dubb Days said...

Did you come up with "sassy spray" yourself. Very clever. I need to get some of those bath fizzies! That is so funny that Grant makes those "because I am a boy comments!" It makes me so much more interested to see the differences between this next one and Robby. Good luck this week!

Tori and/or Clark said...

Ok confession, my sister and I used to like the taste of vinegar when we were younger, so that would have been a treat for us. Also, I love how the sail that Katelee is holding is perfectly placed, well done on the photo taking.

Kev and Aubs said...

Crazy kid, yes, but never a shortage of great stories for us to enjoy and appreciate! You are a super mom. Ty has been doing the back talk a little lately. If it gets worse, I may use 'the spray'. I am going to get those bath fizzies. Those are great.

Katie said...

that tip picture is bomb! it looks like katelee is grant's big sister because the camera perspective makes her head look bigger than his.
i want those bath things!

Cara said...

I am laughing so hard. You crack me up. Grant is such a funny little character. I just love the stories of his life. Katelee is just a beauty.