While Grant has been tracking down girls' numbers....I have been chasing down 10 year old hoodlums.
Brief summary: As I was relaxing during my kids' nap time, I heard multiple thuds. After investigating, I noticed some girls above my house tossing grapefruit size rocks at our little abode! I opened my glass door and told them to stop throwing rocks, they were hitting my wall. One of these little gals quickly snapped, "You know, we are just going to ignore you." Oooh, that made me mad. Good thing my kids were asleep, I ran out my door... down my street, up the other street and found those little hooligans. I told them to take me to their mothers, to which they refused...so I threatened calling the police, knocking on every door until they took me to their parental figures. Did they cooperate? NO! The little trouble makers tried to make a run for it. I chased them to their house and had a little chat with the mother there. My apology from the one girl went something like this, "Sorry dude." Little rascals. But, no shattered windows, no broken bones, I am just glad I have been exercising and able to keep up with those little runners!!
On a more pleasant note, I planted my first garden ever! We put two tomato plants in the backyard and I was planning on doing green beans. My trusty gardening partner, Grant, was way ahead of me. As I was placing the tomatoes in the ground, Grant the green thumb had already strewn the green bean seeds all over the place. So, who knows where they may sprout! Good luck to us!
8 comments:
I think kids are getting more disrespectful and brattier, earlier now. I'm glad you didn't let them get away with it! Katelee is so cute and we need to plan a play date soon.
Kara, I'm so glad you're my neighbor... I know now who to come to if there any ruffians beating on my house:)
It's like a COPS episode here at the Fields of Draper!
Grant hasn't called me yet!
Wow, you are in trouble with that ladies man if he is calling this young!! How funny. Love Kate's hair! Oh and I am very proud of you chasing them down. I hope the mother disciplined them besides just saying sorry. Way to take action!! I can't imagine ever talking back to an adult like that, or throwing rocks. Crazy!
I can totally see you chasing them down.....I know it's not funny, but it kind of is. I deal with stupid delinquents 24/7 anymore and I'm about ready to start paint balling all of their behinds! And I think the police are just as sick of them and might turn the other cheek....hhmmmmm....just might have to try it.
Anyhoo, Grant can have my number anytime. And Katelee's hair is marvelous.
When are we going to hang out? I was thinking of stopping by when we were at boondocks, but ran out of time. Next time for sure!
Kara that is so stinking funny! Which one of you taught him the smooth talking?? And good job on defending our block...maybe you can teach a class on self defense?? :)
You are kidding. I would have bent those girls over my knee and swatted their behinds! Seriously. So glad you didn't give up.
that looks more like my kid!
Post a Comment