Friday, May 30, 2008

Communication...

So I titled this blog communication because that is what I have been reflecting on here at our house. Heaven knows Dave and I are always working on ours...and we are loving interacting with Katelee as she is learning words. She has the cutest "uh-oh" exclamation I have ever heard! Grant on the other hand is tuning his skill of communicating through prayer. It is so sweet and fun to have him say prayers for us. They usually are lists of what the happenings were for the day. Here is a good example of one: "....we went to Costco...Katelee screams all the time...mommy did not exercise...Katelee screams all the time." That was Grant's prayer yesterday. Now the day before he asks for blessings to get feeling better (he had been sick) and a new petition I had yet to be a witness for. It went something like this, "...bless Jesus not to be bored." How thoughtful. The funny thing is, when I was little my mom told me I used to include in my prayers, "I hope you are having fun up there without me." So, Grant must be like me, just wanting to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves! Although I am pretty sure everyone on the other side is staying busy!! Here are some photos of Dave and Grant when they went to see David Beckham....I mean, they went to watch the Real Salt Lake game!

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is such a cute post. I need to remember that my boys are sweet more and think about the naughty stuff less. I love that he is worried about Jesus. What a sweetheart!!!

Cagney and Laci said...

That is the cutest picture of Grant!~ He must really like the REAL!
Cant wait to see you in less than a week!!!

Aubrey said...

Ty's starting to pray too, and it cracks me up when he starts looking around the room and praying for everything in sight. I love the "Jesus not getting bored", that is so great!

Cara said...

I can totally hear Grant saying that. To cute!

So, wanna plan a day at the zoo????? I'll even plan it if you think you and others will come.

Tori and/or Clark said...

i love reading stories about what kids say. I can't wait for Ezra to start talking more and then sometimes I am glad that he doesn't. I'm sure you understand. Let's all get together sometime. Maybe a BBQ or something!!