
Today I took the kids to the
Healing Field display and was so touched as we walked around remembering September 11, 7 years ago. I know all of us can recall where we were and how we felt when we heard and saw the footage of the first plane hitting the World Trade Center. I am so grateful for our country and for the freedoms that I took for granted. It is so important for me to take these opportunities to reflect so I am always appreciative. As we walked around the flags I watched other people, equally touched and choked up, and felt a unity towards all Americans, a respect for our current service men, and a reverence for those who have fallen as a sacrifice for our country. If you have a chance and are close by, you should definitely spend a few minutes walking through the Healing Field display.

This flag has the names of all the people who passed away due to the terrorist act on Sept 11.
We have been chugging along the last couple of weeks, getting back into the swing of things. Grant started preschool and I am thinking he really likes it! He is a tough one to pull any info out of when he gets home, but he is always thrilled to go. That must be a good sign.


This is him coming to the car after a hard days work of tracing the letter B. I just like the midstride action shot. Grant is still a garbage man in training. As we were praying the other night, I helped by saying a few phrases he could repeat. I said, "I am so grateful for my sister," He said, "Except when she is screaming ALL the time!" I said, "Bless the missionaries and help me to be good so I can be a missionary some day." Grant repeated verbatim, but as the prayer was finished he raced over to me, stuck his finger in my face and scolded me, "NO MOM. I am not a missionary. I am a garbage man." Now we are working on explaining how both of those ambitions can be realized!
Dave has been busy doing projects around the house. His dad was nice enough to come out and help us paint some rooms. One day while he was out here, we dropped Grandpa McArthur off at the temple. As we were pulling away, Grant said, "Aww...Grandpa is so cu-ute." So, it seems all of the family appreciated his visit!

Miss Katelee is a diva! She has begun dishing out her first dirty looks. I am now used to them, but she gave a long hard one to my friend the other day. She is a true girl...as I saw her walking around the house cuddling...no, not a baby doll...a loaf of bread. I could not get it out of her hands, she was kissing it, rocking it, adoring it. I know I am a carb lover...like mother like daughter I guess!!
9 comments:
Why are your kids so freaking funny?
being the recipient of that dirty look, i can testify of it's intensity! the image is still burned in my head: katelee's glare searing disgust/anger/warning into me!
honestly, it was a frightful moment for me that i'll never forget!
Katelee is getting so big!!! It's crazy how time flies, when are we hanging out again??
I think it is great you took the kids to that important monument. I still remember the reverence of Pearl Harbor as well.
Grant is hilarious and I love his stride as well. Katelee is a mom in th making. Hopefully she didn't squeeze so hard that you can't use it:)
Hilarious kids. I love hearing stories of your kids.
I love that you are so supportive of Grant's uncommon ambition. :)
You really do have the funniest stories, and I love Grant's garbage dreams. I thought I wanted a girl, but maybe I should stick with the less emotional boys.
Y'all are quite the family....just too cute!! My gosh, where does the time go. The kids have grown sooo much. Can't wait to see y'all in November for Turkey Day. :-) Love the stories you take time to share w/all of us....Grant is such an ambitious Dreamer and sounds like he's gonna make the BEST Garbage Man that Utah has yet to see. Go Grant!! Katelee is just so pretty....looks 150% girlie and Aunt Anna is lovin' it! Can't wait to go shopping!! yipee!!!!!!! :-) Btw, CONGRATS to David for working so hard & winning the trip....what a treat to be able to go w/your hubby to Hawaii and enjoy some "adult" time. Looks like y'all had a blast and the pics are great! (Please bring them.) See y'all soon!
Love & hugs,
Aunt A & Uncle C
Droopie too!
Kara you and your kids could be a stand up comedian show seriously i laugh everytime I check it out.
Post a Comment