Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunny Days

We are loving the great weather we've been having lately...it's been perfect for our fall football games...GO UTES....farm fun with our friends...and dinner in the canyons. Here are some photos we thought we'd share:


Dave and Grant went to the Utah vs. Weber State game with our friends...Grant typically likes the Utes, but when he wants to make his daddy upset, or get Dave to chase him, he yells, "GO Cougars!!" Below is a shot of Grant's "crazy eyes" face...or he has been up too late watching the game and has gone delirious, take your pick.


We went to Wheeler Farm last week with our friends, here Jack and Grant are climbing up the fence to view the barnyard beauties. We went to the duck pond and these crazy geese suddenly started flapping and honking...well Jen and I, the mommies, squeal and run but our two little toddler boys stayed on the fence and just looked at us like we were lunatics.
Katelee, on the other hand, is no farm fan. She cried, squealed, and shrieked when the animals looked at her. It probably didn't help that I didn't move her stroller away from the honking geese when I squealed and ran! Shameful mommy moment, I know...


And, of course, we love our canyons! Grant says it is his favorite to go up the mountains, not so much for his sister. She isn't a fan of the fire, as was apparent by her non-stop crying. Grant frequently asks me, "Mom, is Katelee in a mood?!" That pretty much fits for her. But, we still enjoy our time and the beautiful scenery! Except for the hairy huge spider we saw! YIKES!



9 comments:

Katie said...

Pic #2 - Wow Kara, that's a spittin' image of you.
You're really lucky that wasn't a jumping spider. I mean, how close was that camera. I was kind of hoping for a "the spider jumped towards me just after I took this shot. And I screamed, ran, but left my kids to fend for themselves" story!

Jen said...

Holy Crap! What in the world kind of spider was that and why did you get that close?

Kara said...

Let me just clarify that my camera has extra special zooming abilities...I was actually far away. Some crazy man was hunched over it though. I am pretty sure it was a tarantula, it was about as big as my palm...no exaggeration. Side note, I like to think in the face of imminent real danger I would protect my kids and not leave them to the crazy geese!

kelsey said...

Really really cute pics... I especially love the one of Kate at the farm (so serious and somber)... definitely not enjoying her barnyard friends. Last time I went to Wheeler Farm I went with Sarah... Caleb and Porter tried to drink water from a animal trough, that day we were shrieking too!

Becky said...

Ha! I couldn't help but laugh out loud when you mentioned leaving your little one while you ran. I did that all summer long - when a bee came near, I took off running and screaming with Wyatt left behind. I'd like to think it was more like I was sacrificing myself by distracting the bee and removing it from the premises, because they ALWAYS chased me.

StephNyd said...

Hey Kara. This is Steph Davis. How are you? I came across your blog through Becky's. Your family is so cute. Send me your e-mail address to stephnydegger@hotmail.com and I will send an invite to our blog. I hope you don't mind me adding your blog to my blog list. Can't wait to hear from you. Steph

Dubb Days said...

Wow, Katelee really is a beauty and sounds like a real girly girl!! What fun adventures. I can jsut picture you running away! It will be fun to actually see your kiddos in person (and you of course!) Weird to think it has been two years!

Cara said...

Um....EW....I would FREAK OUT if I came across a spider like that...out in the open....not in a zoo!

Such beautiful kids! We've never been to Wheeler Farms. We might have to check it out.

Andrea and Justin said...

You guys ROCK! How can I tell you... you rock.