Saturday, November 1, 2008

Costumes and Coladas

We had surprising success with the costume wearing this year. Katelee, at first despised her grass skirt to her hula girl outfit, but lasted our entire trunk or treat. Then, we were lucky enough to get this little cheerleader outfit for Halloween night, so she could rah-rah the night away! Some of you may think, boy, Grant's costume looks familiar. Well, that may be because it is his second year appearing as Frankenstein- hey, if the shoe fits, uh I mean costume still fits, right?



And, I thought I would share a couple photos from the Dominican Republic. Dave and I got back just in time for Halloween and pumpkin carving, so it worked out perfectly! We had an amazing time, the sand was white, the water was crystal blue-it was breath taking. I was attacked by a small lizard, well it just fell on my shoulder, but it was a disturbing experience.

We really enjoyed horseback riding on the beach. My horse kept whipping his head back to rub against my calf-is that normal? It felt like he was crossing a line there, but we seemed to bond by the end of the ride!
Thanks to my mom and sister for staying with our little ones! We didn't have to worry a bit. We just enjoyed our pina coladas. I did come home with 57 mosquito bites -that I can see! It all happened in a 15 minute period one night, those little buggers. I am now on the lookout for malaria and west nile symptoms!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Kennedy was a Utah cheerleader too! Seriously you got to go on another vacation alone, Todd needs a new job.

Lewis Fam said...

seriously how do I become you, that is so dang awesome. I hope you had a blast.

melbel said...

Wow, looks like you had a nice get-away (minus the 57 bug bites. Did you really count all those? Yikes!) You've got such cute trick-or-treaters too. It's fun to see everyone's halloween costumes.

Angela said...

The pictures from the DR look awesome, how fun. David needs to start traveling to better places, Sacramento or Texas just don't seem as appealing as Hawaii or the Dominican Republic. The kids look so cute, I love Katelee's coconut shells, so funny.

Sermons of the Day said...

I love it. You all look like your having way to much fun. We miss the pot luck in the drive way but it sure is good to see you.

Andrea and Justin said...

Why do you guys go on so many fun trips. Can you please just invite us to come with you. Miss you guys hope all is well!