Sunday, February 8, 2009
Wonderful World of Disney
I have returned to report that the happiest place on earth (aka Disneyland) lives up to its claim as such, even in monsoon like weather! We arrived in California for our Disney adventure last week and we were able to enjoy both sunny weather and torrential rains. Did we enjoy the wet climate? Actually, yes...the lines were few and the waiting only minutes, if that. We got to go on nearly everything...and truthfully, it is a toss up as to who got the most giddy of group. It may have been me, you will have to ask Dave on that one. Grant, obviously thrilled for just the plane ride, announced loudly in the cabin: "Pilot? PILOT, I am ready for blast off!!"
As you can see here, I got a little excited. Dave offered to take Katelee back to the hotel one day for a nap and Grant and I hit the Buzz Lightyear ride about 10 times. The other day, Grant wanted a nap and while the three of them returned to the room, I literally ran from attraction to attraction with a smile on my face. The last night the three of them were so worn out, they fell asleep in the ice cream shop and I told them I had just a couple more rides to hit before I was ready to go. It was a great trip!
We celebrated Grant's birthday at Goofy's Kitchen and here he is displaying his chocolate mickey figurine. He was going to town on that. We loved the character breakfasts and Katelee warmed up to the characters by the end of the trip, but at first a quick high five and then a cry was about all she could bring herself to do. Most of the time, she just gave all of us and the delightful Disney playmates, dirty looks...it is her specialty!
Grant, on the other hand, dished out hug after hug. He would stretch his arms out 100 feet away and slowly approach his furry friends: 
More than half of our time, we were wearing our rain gear. We have always joked that Katelee reminds us of ET (just the way she walks back and forth and sideways waddles a bit), this little poncho confirmed that as she tried to walk around in it: 
Grant refused to wear his rain jacket, so we just covered him in the stroller...yes, he is inside. We stayed nice and dry except for my feet, which after 14 hours of rain walking were completely white and pruney...next time rain boots, I know.

We can't wait to go back...well I can't. Who knew I would be a maniac at the park, next time I may need some intervention!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I will go with you any time just call. I think we should do a girls trip there!
Oh, how fun! Way cute pictures too!!!
i am seriously 100% jealous, and that is all I am going to say about the matter.
Can completely picture your excitement. One of my favorite memories associated with Disney is Choir tour Senior Year. My dad still says it was one of his funnest trips there. Glad you had a good time and the lines were short!
Looks liks such a good time! I have only been once, and I can't wait to go back! Maybe this will be the year...???
I'm just going to sit here and be jealous of you for awhile.
I'm glad you guys had fun... well we know at least you had fun Kara! Is it too late to get a birthday pic of the newest four year olds on the block?
Sounds like fun! Since a trip to Disneyland does not appear to be in my near future, I suppose I can live vicariously through your experience--I can just feel the excitement as well as the pruny feet!
Grant's birthday, my eye. You wanted to go just for yourself! :) It sounds like you guys had a blast! Good job!!
I love all the pictures. You look like you had a ton of fun. This is one place I have yet to take my kids but I want too within the next year. If you have any tips let me know. Love and miss you.
Looks like you guys had a blast! It is one of my favorite places also! Goofy's kitchen is one place we always have to hit on our trips!
Post a Comment