Friday, April 17, 2009

New Adventures

Well, we have made it to our new place and are mostly put together! Our move was not the smoothest transition, but really, who's is? On top of not getting the keys when expected, Dave and I both came down with influenza. I now understand why people get the flu shot every year...that is some nasty stuff. We are excited for the new home and while we look forward to getting accustomed to the new area, we will miss our awesome neighbors/friends from townhome. Good thing we are only five minutes away! Our yard should get started next week so we are ready for visitors really soon!

We have lots of work to do and lots of items on our "wish list!" I tried to take a picture of it happening, to prove to those of you who know us well, but Dave has even been seen with a hammer and a drill working away. Yes, my brother was there talking him through it, but hey, he is learning!

Here are a couple Easter shots:
Coloring Easter eggs...a carrot shaped baseball bat...new Easter clothes...egg hunts...what more could a kid ask for?!


Side note on the new adventures theme: I promise when Katelee starts really potty training, I won't go into the details or take photos of her accomplishments, but I have to say I am a bit concerned how it is going to go! She likes to sit on the throne, the little princess that she is, then yells at me: "Need privacy Mommy! PRIVACY" Hmmm....not exactly how I pictured the training to go. Aren't the privacy demands supposed to begin in the teenage years?!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I am so proud of Dave and I cant wait to see the house.

Cagney and Laci said...

The house looks awesome! Congrats on the biggest purchase of your life. Someday I know I to can have this dream, but for now I will live vicariously through you! Your kitchen looks really nice, need more photos of the inside!
Hope things get better than move in week!

Andrea and Justin said...

I love your house! You moved way up from the townhomes where I moved down from them. Oh well. I can't wait to see it when I come out.

Dubb Days said...

The house looks great. It would be fun to see more pics. How cute is Katelee in her Easter dress! Glad you are feeling better from the flu! Congrats on the move!

Tori and/or Clark said...

ok, so I must admit, when I read "Easter shots" above the picture of your kids in front of paper cups I became a little confused and shocked all as once. But then my rain started working. Thanks for the update. We will call you when clark is out of school.

Sermons of the Day said...

WOW!!!!!! I love the new house. I want to be able to come and see it when we are down this weekend.

Lisa and Russell said...

The house looks great Kara. We are very happy for you guys!! Can't wait to see it.

ashlie said...

Sooo beautiful! How exciting! Congrats on the new house!