Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oliver and His Company...

So, the other day Grant told me he wished his name was Oliver. Do you know an Oliver? Grant doesn't.Here are some pics of little Oli feeding the ducks on Memorial Day and at his preschool graduation. He did a great job singing and performing in the little play, but my favorite part was the continuous winking towards me with the finger click and accompanying sound! We are so proud of his completion of such rigorous studies. Here he is with his friend Andrew whom we carpooled with, gotta love the 4 year old conversations in the back seat. He is still the garbage loving boy he was a year ago...but he can write his name now. The other night I asked him to clean up all the bits of toliet paper he had scattered around the house cuz it was time for bed ( this is the tp he puts in blocks and then his garabage truck picks them up). Oliver (aka Grant) refused, saying he needed the trash. I told him, "hey dont' worry about it, I will get you more toliet paper tomorrow." I bet no one else can say they have ever said that...Anyway, I repeated the request to throw the shredded tp away and he said, "Mo-om, garbage is of God." Welcome to our days of holy waste dispensing!

6 comments:

Becky said...

"Garbage is of God"!?! What church do you go to anyway?? :) He's as witty as his mother. Love it.

JaMilLyN said...

Ya know, Kara, I recall conversations with you at UCCU before we both had kids and you would tell me all the funny things that you nieces and nephews would do and I must say that you your kids are far more funny than any story I have previous heard. Your kids crack me up! Love it!

Dubb Days said...

I agree with Jamilyn-you always had classic stories of your neices and nephews-well Grant pretty much trumps them all! What a kid.
Oh and Alicia told me you guys were talking about a girls retreat down her. All I have to say is Heck yes!

Tori and/or Clark said...

I haven't gotten onto this for a little while. Grant is a character. I always thought the "gum stealing lesson" in church was always just a hypothetical, but alas, Grant has taught me otherwise. Congrats on the graduation Grant!! And sorry about the broken bone, OUCH!! I never broke one so I don't know how that feels, but that's got to hurt. See you guys around, maybe.

Anna Moore said...

Love hearing about all the kiddies' stories & latest happenings. Sounds like ya'll never have a dull moment...keeps life more fun & interesting! And, of course w/some McArthur blood in the mix, you're gonna definitely have plenty of wild & crazy stories for years to come...I can just feel it. :-)
Grant is quite the handsome lil studmuffin. And, well, Miss Katelee....she's just a cutie patootie!! Miss ya'll!
love & hugs from "us" (aka Uncle Curt, Aunt Anna, & Droopie too)

Lisa and Russell said...

Gotta love the Grantman or Oliman whichever he is today!!!