Anyway, we picked out our pumpkins from our favorite local pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago. They have been sittin on our porch in the dead of night, and the middle of the day for that matter. It is a bit bumpy and lumpy trudging through the dirt. Brenna kept getting twisted up. I asked her to hold my hand so she wouldn't fall and she replied, "I did fall. I so so sorry punkins."
From what I could tell, the pumpkins held no grudges. The kids love pushing the mini wheel barrows, taking a hay ride, running through the tiny corn maze and
climbing the tractors...as do I, lets be honest.
The dead of night is not so quiet around here. Brenna gets up nightly (multiple times)to use the commode, which is wierd to me, but I guess better than wetting, right? Its a toss up, really. The biggest change in our night routines is that we have now moved the girls together in the bunk beds and Grant has been moved to his own room. Katelee chose some perfectly pink decor for their place, it's very fitting! She was not happy about the move and cried unconsolably at first. Not because she wanted her own room, but because she would miss Grant and was concerned about what she would do in the middle of the night when she is scared? She told me Grant took care of her. Grant was so nice and had a sit down chat with her and her roles as the big sibling now.
Brenna, well, she of course was a bit of a mess with the switch up. She refused her bed. I threatened her that she would be locked in her carseat in the dark garage for bed then, which she gladly accepted. That plan obviously backfired when I found her snoozing happily in the car. But, I think she is getting the hang of her bed now. When we told Grant we would move him when we got some new furniture for him, he lit up. He asked, "a TV?" A head shake from his mom was the answer. "A Wii?" Another head shake. "A phone?" Head shake number three with the words- A BED! He loves his new digs.
And yes, this pic he is sleeping in Katelee's bed. They thought they would try and trick me one night. Why he has a kangaroo snuggled in his shirt, I do not know. Nor does he. He denies placing it there, I have my doubts!
No comments:
Post a Comment