Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Holiday Memories

 
 
 
 I am slow to post Christmas for a few reasons...first, we lost our camera after our family party on Christmas Eve.  In fact, we didn't take any pictures with said camera because it was not located until a week later.  Where?  In our dirty laundry basket.  Why I didn't think to look there, I don't know!  Then, our computer crashed.  But it has been repaired and I just realized I took a few pics on my phone, so I thought I would document that Christmas 2012 did in fact happen at our place!  We had a wonderful low key holiday.  Dave's brother was in town from California, so we got to see both sides of our family this year-which was fabulous! 


 We played games, ate and stayed home all day on Christmas.  Brenna loved it so much that for the next few weeks, I had to say 'Merry Christmas' to her before bed and when she woke up.  If I didn't say it with enough enthusiasm, I had to try again, until she found it to be acceptable. 
It has been so bitter cold here.  Not, 'oh I need a cup of hot chocolate cold.'  More like, 'My nose broke off outside, please dip me in a tub of hot chocolate' kind of cold
  
 But, on one of the warmer days (30s)  the kids loved sledding!

 And of course we stay busy with lots of other things...school...Katelee cutting her own hair...Brenna sticking a bead up her nose...and discovering a wall mural made of boogers.  Apparently one of our children, who shall remain nameless has really runny noses at night and picks and wipes all along their wall.  So, we are finding all sorts of adventures indoors!  Next up, birthday season for me and the kids!  Bring on the parties!

No comments: