Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thrilling Threes

 
Because the 'twos' have been linked to the word, 'terrible,'  I am going to go out on an optimistic limb here and prematurely call the threes for Brenna 'thrilling!'  I don't think that is a stretch as Brenna has brought excitement and thrills to us from day one.  She keeps us on our toes and I don't think that her year of being three will be any different!  We sure love this red headed lady! 


Brenna chose to go to Jungle Jim's playland so she could ride the horses.  She is obsessed.  She also has a bit of an issue smiling like a regular child.  We tell her to smile and we get something like this...

or this...


Well, it makes us smile (or shake our heads), at least.  After Jungle Jim's, her restaurant of choice was "Old McDonalds."  We figured we had had enough germy play and opted to take the happy meals home for a blanket picnic and movie.  The next day was her actual birthday and she was so happy.  She got to go to church and tell everyone to sing to her.  We had a delightful pancake dinner with family and she couldn't wait to open her gifts.  As soon as she opened her Minnie Mouse dress up she said, " I need to wear it, " and thus began to disrobe. 

Brenna's favorite thing to do is dress up and dance.  Some moves are a bit risque and other times she closes her eyes and lets the music take her someplace new as her arms are thrown to the sides.  She is a crack up.  Unfortunately this week, she has picked up her old habit of running away.  I do not enjoy chasing her down the street in the snow with no shoes on.  Thank heavens for our neighbor (especially their dog) who alerts us to Brenna's escapades.  I love this age and the things she says.  She fakes laughs and will say, "Ha Ha.  I'm laughing."  She recently watched Beyonce's Super Bowl half time show and turned to my dad while explaining, "I wear panties on my bum.  But, Deyonce, she doesn't wear panties on her BIG bum."  Love her logic.
 
Here is to our super spunky 3 year old who loved her birthday and loves M&M's and 'shlockate.'  (chocolate)...We hope this day met her expectations because she always surpasses ours!! 

4 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Oh my! You have your hands full with this cutie patootie! She is so big and so adorable! Berke saw her dressed up as Minnie and has decided he must play with her soon! So we'll have to set up a play date (he sorta wants to marry Minnie). Threes are a super fun age where they just figure so much stuff out. Happy Birthday Brenna!

Michelle said...

You and your awesome birthday cakes! Love them, you put mine to shame (9x13). I love finding Brenna. It makes me laugh.

Lisa and Russell said...

I hate that we haven't had the opportunity to experience Brenna. She is so adorable!! Looks like another wonderful birthday!!! One more to go next month huh? Miss you guys!!

Lea-log said...

That's how my little jasmyn says chocolate,too! So fun!