Brenna, the dress-up Diva, has a new ensemble everyday. She entered my room like this, held out her arms and said, "BEHOLD!" Yea, I laughed. I did not, however, laugh when she was throwing a fit the other day and hurled a baby shopping cart at the door and was pulling decor off the wall to toss at me. You just have to pray for good moods with this child!
Katelee did fabulously in her Nursery Rhyme Festival, as the darling 'Mary,' from the rhyme "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary." She opted to sing for all her fans rather than just recite the words. It was moving! She is loving her soccer team and accomplished her goal of climbing the rope all the way to the ceiling at gymnastics! Wahoo! She was very concerned the other day when Dave forgot his wedding ring when he left for work. Her biggest fear was that someone would fall in love with her Dad while he was out working. Thank heavens that didn't happen!
This is Grant playing some of his songs on a street piano in Park City. We went to a lego art display and this was at the art center. It was so fun to see him sit down and have a few things memorized he could whip out. His second grade play was just a couple of weeks ago and he did a great job!
This little guy is plugging along! I still get vomitous every other day or so, but all in all, this has so far been my best pregnancy. I feel really blessed. Brenna told me she was so sorry I was sick all the time and sorry she put the baby in my time. I told her that she did not do that to me, but Dad did. She was so consoling when she said, "I'm so sorry he did that to you on purpose!" So true. The name game has begun.
Grant was certain we could name this dude Grant Junior. Little did I know he was serious and when the news was broken to him that would not be the babe's name, he was mad. He even offered to pay me and do extra chores if I would reconsider (that has never happened before!). Katelee, chimed in and said maybe we could just do another "G" name and suggested "Goner." I was a bit puzzled and said, "Goner? As in, 'He's a goner, or gonorrhea?" She giggled and replied, "Oh mom, Gonorrhea is a girl's name!" Too bad we are having a boy ;)!
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
1 comment:
I am sitting here laughing to myself over the name game!!! Oh my goodness!! Out of the mouths of babes!!! I'm so glad this has been a better pregnancy for you!! I often think about you and wonder how you are feeling. Can't wait to see what our newest nephew looks like!! You are such a great writer Kara. I can just imagine everything happening just as you write it. So fun!!
Post a Comment