Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trippin in June

Besides finishing up with the school year and jumping into summer...we went on a couple of trips in June.  Well, I went on one with my dear sister Shannon-NYC!  Dave arranged a fabulous vacation for us where we stayed right in the heart of Times Square.  I was a little excited....

 We went to the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) and saw the one and only 'Starry Night.'  It was awesome!  We may have also seen sculptures out of  rabbit poop and some prints squashed with stinky moldy cheese.  There is a whole variety of art there!

We visited the 9/11 Memorial.  It is a really moving place.  The feeling is somber and the architecture is great.  There are two squares with water running down the sides into the pool and a square hole in the bottom of each.  Along the perimeter of each square the names of every person who lost their lives due to the terrorist attacks are listed.  You can walk around them and read them all, touch them and reflect on those events and our country.  The museum and towers are coming along nicely there as well.
 

 We walked through central park and went to church at the Manhattan temple on the Sunday we were there, where I happened to run into my BFF from 6th grade...whom I haven't seen since 6th grade.  I tapped her on the shoulder and she cried, "Kara Petrick!!!"  It was so fun!  She recognized me in all  my pregnancy glory. 
 Of course, the main events of our little trip were our Broadway shows.  We saw Spiderman-it was totally weird and creepy and odd and slightly awesome at the same time.  But, the musical of musicals that had us jumping out of our seats was: NEWSIES!!!
 Loved every single minute of it.  Dave is an awesome hubby for planning this whole thing and taking care of the kids while I went.  He and Grant and Katelee got to go to Lake Powell two weeks later (on his birthday!), so really Brenna is the only one who has missed out on a trip...but shush, don't tell her!

I heard their boating trip was fabulous and I stole this pic of Uncle Brian's facebook...look how awesome Katelee is!  Grant also got up for the first time this year on the surf board.  Brenna and I stayed back and cleaned our newly finished basement!  She did tell me she wants to be bigger and I need to cut her in half.  I'm not quite following her logic on that, maybe if I stack the two Brennas, she could be taller-but the idea of two Brennas is exhausting enough! 

3 comments:

Lisa and Russell said...

How fun for you and, of course, David and the kids!! He spoils you!! Very nice!!

Dubb Days said...

You and your trips! So awesome! Glad you had such a great time. I would love to see Newsies, it is seriously one of my favorites...where are the pics of the finished basement?

Angelique said...

Katelee is so awesome!

Hey, if you post pics of the basement, I'll post pics of my house. :)