Someone is one month old today!! And I feel like letting out a big sigh. Lets all do it together...sigh...That is a sigh of relief, a sigh of 'we are gonna make it!' and a sigh of 'please let me always remember how this feels.' I can't believe how fast time flies after your little bundle arrives, definitely not so much in the months before! I never want to forget how peaceful and heavenly it is to hold a little snugly newborn. The last 31 days have been filled with firsts: Harrison's first bath:
He was pretty indifferent. I take that as a good sign. We had a our first squirt across the room during diaper change, which happened to be aimed right at Brenna. She freaked, we laughed. Harrison has his first little smiles, and they melt my heart!
Alright, that is a faux smile. The beard is deceiving. Shannon made this for Harry and he doesn't appreciate facial hair at this time. We thought we were giving him a head start on the other fellas. He wants to hold off on his first shave, though. So funny! I had my first hormonal cry and there may have been more following! I had my first outing without the baby. He had his first bottle, and we both survived. We are all trying to figure out where we fit in with this new family of 6 we have. It is taking some transition time and we are working on finding our groove. It has definitely hit each member of the crew in a different way. Other fun firsts: Brenna's first day of preschool!.jpeg)
She has loved every minute of it...once I get her out the door. I don't get much of a report from her, but I do know she enjoys walking up the stairs like an airplane when it is time to go home. So, I guess things are going well on the academic side for her. She also started her first dance class. Katelee started dance as well and the other night apparently decided to try her first night sleeping in a giant tupperware container. That's normal, right? Well, it is for her. I found her head hanging upside down off the bed the night before.
Grant also had his first season of baseball, which he loved. Harrison and I caught the last game and could tell he was enjoying it. Life and activities didn't stop or wait for us to get our bearings when we brought home another little person. I surely don't get a lot of 'things' done right now, and I am totally cool with that! I just want to soak up every minute. The things that have to happen, do and somehow we all manage. I just know that if I blink this time will be over and I will miss it. That is, if I dare blink. Right now, I think closing my eyes may be dangerous. My sleep deprived body may not get my eyes back open again! So, for now, we snuggle and play!!!
.jpeg)
4 comments:
A month already? Seriously? Time goes by way too fast!! I totally know what you mean about not wanting to miss a minute with those babies. I especially was that way with Lizzy because I knew she was my last. He is adorable!!! Brenna is such a mess!! I look forward to getting to meet her!! Katelee is too funny too sleeping in the plastic container. Nice!! Tell Grant that Daniel, Jordan, and Adam all played baseball. We love baseball in this family!! Love you guys and glad everyone is doing so well!!
Awww his one month picture turned out so stinkin cute! Love it, and him. He is so sweet. How is it possible that he didn't cry during his first bath? Good sign that he's going to be an easy going kid. Also, reading about dance reminded me we totally missed dance with Ella tonight! Nice.
Harrison is way too cute!! I just love your kids!
Fun to catch up on what you guys are up to. Congrats on your little Harrison! This made me laugh so hard: "Because the baby was shot through my pelvic region like a rocket" Haha! Poor little bruised up guy! (and poor mama!!) but you all look really great and like you are adjusting really well. I love love love these newborn days too. Snuggly, floppy little babies are so sweet.
Post a Comment