Thursday, October 17, 2013

On Top of the World

 There are times in your life that you feel like you are on top of the world- things couldn't be better and you are close to heaven!  That was how we felt this weekend...also the kids and Dave went on top of the mountain at Snowbird, so they literally seemed to be on top of the world! 

This weekend we had lots of visitors for the little man's blessing at our church.



Grandma and Grandpa McArthur came a week early and slept in the guest room in our basement hotel!  Because they were here, they got to accompany us to our annual pumpkin patch evening.



We found the perfect pumpkins, got lost in the corn maze...okay, the kids just ran through it as fast as they could.  The current record is 29 seconds, beat that if you can!



The evening was capped off with a tractor ride and treats at the gas station.  Good times for everyone!



More family came in town about a week ago to meet little Harry and be here for the big event.  My brother, Brad, and his family drove in from Colorado, Aunt Amy recently moved here, Aunt Anna flew in as well as Uncle Brian, all on Dave's side.  The Saturday before the blessing, the visiting McArthur clan, as well as Dave and our big kids made their way up the mountain to Snowbird. 
There were German festivies abounding at the Oktoberfest.  Because I wasn't there, the chicken dance was not participated in.  Apparently, Dave didn't make it to the dancing tent on purpose!!  I am shocked!  Harrison and I opted out of the fun because it seemed too cold for wee babykins. 

Sunday, we had all my siblings, parents and Dave's visiting family members come to our church and Dave gave sweet Harrison a beautiful blessing.  Dave got teary and I got choked up as he blessed our baby and let him know how we all adore him.  I don't know that I will remember everything that happened that day, but I will always remember how I felt.
I felt, and still do, feel extremely blessed.







 



1 comment:

Dubb Days said...

How sweet! Such cute pics of him in your one month post and how wonderful to have all that family come in for the blessing. You truly are blessed and I am so happy for you!!