Everything has a flip side, oppostion, a push-pull, positive/negative aspect, right? Sometimes, those things are equal, sometimes the good outweighs the bad and occasionlly the opposite can be true. Harrison is 3 months old today. We tried to have a little photo shoot, smiles were hard to capture, but we got some fun shots, none the less. It's bitter sweet for me to have him racing through infancy.
The negative is, I already miss the snuggly newborn. The positive side is that each day he grows means I am one step closer to getting sleep again. He is, hands down, the worst sleeper of our babes...which is saying a lot. It is saying he is an absolute nightmare!!! This also means that I am a complete basket case.
He is actually, pretty well tempered in the day. The nights are abysmal. He thinks 4am is time to wake-up, for the day. Or sometimes 3am is even better, or maybe 3 am is a good time to go down for the first snooze of the evening. That is what happened the other night when Dave awoke to my fatigue induced hysteric sobs. I am tired, I mean dead tired.
Grant was a terrible sleeper too. I have a few theories...reflux, tummy sleeping preference, low milk supply, its probably all of the above. So, as he gets bigger, I know those problems will work out, but it is a big of a tug on my heart to see him get big and me not embrace every moment of this tiny baby stage.
We all sure love him lots. We have all been sick for the past few weeks-tummy bug, croup, even the baby got it. Mostly having a baby with croup is nothing but sad, but on the flip side, I got a good night sleep the night he lost his voice! I guess looking back, pregnancy even had a good side- I got to feel a baby inside me and my hair became thick and voluminous. Right now, I am in the shedding stage. I am fairly certain I will have 10 hairs left by Christmas. I think that often about Brenna...she has been referred to by her teachers and nursery leaders as a 'spitfire', 'spunky', 'can hold her own' etc. I hope this plays out on the positive side as making her adventurous and strong willed.
Rarely do I find the positive side of the constant fighting of the older kids. However, recently, we have made a rule that if they are arguing, I make them 'hug it out.' Grant and Katelee do not love it, to say the least, but they typically end up giggling and then they have to spend 20 min playing together. So, perhaps their arguing will help them bond, right?!
Also, who knew he was a star?! He was a lead in his 3rd grade play. Dave and I had no clue what a big deal it was til we showed up for the performance and the entire gym was full. He said some lines, grabbed the mic and sang a bit of a solo and I was like, what is up!?! Loved seeing him do that! Of course every situation in life has a flip side...I'm struggling to see the positive of the no sleep issue. Maybe I will have some good stories to laugh out later...many, many, many, many years down the road!
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
3 comments:
Those pictures of Harrison are adorable! Wow, who knew Grant was a performer? He didn't tell you ahead of time, that's really cute.
I love that Grant was so sweet to Matthew. He is a good boy, and we love him. The pictures are soooo adorable of little Harrison. They turned out so cute, and made me smile. I wish I had ideas on how Harrison could sleep longer. The only thing I ever did was feed them.
He's growing so quickly Kara!! I do remember those sleepless nights. I do not miss them for sure. You know I tried nursing and had a very hard time with it, but what I found with Jordan when I was nursing and he still wasn't sleeping I gave him some formula to supplement and then he would crash. I don't know if you want to do that or if him being hungry is the problem, but I do know it helped. Hope things get better soon!! Love Grant the performer!! Oh and how I know about the constant fighting. It is so not fun!! Hang in there girl!! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment