.jpeg)
Christmas Eve was highly anticipated by the kids. Brenna has asked over and over what time Santa and 'his goats' were gonna come to our house. She really wanted Santa's mother with glasses (I'm thinking Mrs Claus) could come too. It was fun to point out when it was Christmas Eve that it was the night we'd all been waiting for. We had our Petrick family Christmas party at grandma's. Harry wanted in on the game too, obviously. The kids were fast asleep in our house by 9:30pm. Last year, Dave changed our clocks so he would get an extra hour of sleep Christmas morning. I told him this was not to be done to my clock this year, but he still did it to the kids! They couldn't figure out why they were so awake and the clock still said 6:00! Harrison showed everyone his new trick of standing (propped against the couch). He looks so fetching in his Christmas jammies!
We read our scriptures, opened presents and stayed in jammies pretty much the entire day of Christmas...and it was wonderful! Grandma and Grandpa and Shannon came over for our traditional quiche breakfast and to see the loot.
This year was perfect for the ages of our kids. They all found Christmas to be very magical and both Dave and I made mention of it. Harrison finds everyday magical, if it consists of eating at all hours and keeping his mommy up.
Later in the day, Aunt Amy and Evan came over. Brandon, Malia and baby Jack came too to have food and play games. It was a laid back, fabulous day.
The week after Christmas, someone in our family always gets sick. True to that tradition, Grant contracted strep and croup and Brenna came down with croup too. So, New Years we were quarantined, no family or friends dared be in our presence! But, we had the party of a lifetime. We had a Just Dance dance off- which Dave took very seriously, as can be noted in this pic...
Sorry guys, I'm still the reigning champion. Maybe next year you can beat me! Katelee got a new Headbandz game for Christmas where you act out the card on your head, yep, pretty much Charades. Harry even joined in. He never guessed any of his cards correctly! ;).jpeg)
.jpeg)
We watched Holes-Dave and Brenna fell asleep and the big kids and I frantically woke them for the final countdown. Our individual Martinelli's were toasted and we welcomed in 2014. Now the kids are back to school.
While I love the routine, I miss getting that extra few min of sleep and I really miss how they kept the baby entertained so much throughout the Christmas break. Katelee even can soothe her baby brother to sleep sometimes. We enjoyed most of the break and the kids loved having time with their cousins and adorable baby Harrison!
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
3 comments:
I won't tell Russell about the setting back the clock thing that David did. They are definitely brothers because Russell would definitely have liked that idea. We were quarantined to our house New Year's Eve too with no friends over because we all were sick too. Looks like everyone had a great time. I could tell David was quite serious with his dance moves!! Love it!! Happy New Year!!
I can't believe how big Harrison is getting. He sure is cute and I love all the Christmas outfits. I love Christmas days where you can just relax and hang in your PJ's all day! The best. oh wait. I'm still waiting for that day! ;)
Hey Kara
I hvent commented on all your posts due to crazy life but I have taken the time to read them all. Always makes me smile. I miss you. I am glad life is good for you. We lounged in our pjs all day as well and it was awesome after a hectic month. I am catching up on my 2013 year slowly but surley. Working on May right now.
Sorr y I haven't called you for yourbirthday yet. Hope you got my textSaturday. I am in bed right now with some chills and aches. Taking it easy and wanted to send you a message.
Love ya!
Post a Comment