Master Harrison is now 5 months old. Yea, he can sit up and yep, he is pretty impressive. He also likes to roll both ways and has recently been getting on all fours. I kind of want to push him down when he does that because I really don't want another premature mover, like Brenna!
It has been a rough month for baby Harrison (again!). We have had to take him in for weight checks because he wasn't gaining weight, and then he was losing weight. I don't supply the sustenance he needs and we tried 3 different formulas to supplement, but that just caused all sorts of tummy trouble. I cut that out (haven't told the dr that yet, hope his weight check is ok!) and now we are just diving into all solid foods with my low milk supply! I think things are going better....
I also had a birthday last week-yay for me! The kids (and Dave) were super excited all week and that made it fun. Dave took the baby in the basement so I wouldn't hear him cry all night, as a gift to me. In theory, it was so thoughtful. However, my body really needed to feed that kid, so I kept waking up, hoping it was nursing time! I got to spend some time at the spa for a massage and pedicure. Again, in theory, it was just what I needed. However, my therapist may have been trying to kill me. She could have pushed me through the massage table with the force of her arms. I kept telling myself that I have been through childbirth, I can handle the hour massage, I must need that pressure because my knots were terrible. We had a yummy dinner out and then cake and ice cream with the kids, my parents and Paige and Jason. Dave had every detail worked out. He was very thoughtful!
And so, I start another year of life, and with January, we start another year in the world. This year our family theme we chose is Phillipans 4:13 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.' So glad we picked this before my massage! Ha!
I have been thinking a lot about "greatness." A blog I came across a girl said she knew she was destined for it because they were packing up their family and moving to a big city and a prestigious career. I have since thought, what about my greatness? I have only ever lived in Utah, I chose to stay home with my kids after I finished my undergraduate program, I am insignificant in the eyes of the world...and yet...the best example of greatness I know of is not anyone who sought fame or acknowledgement...it is our Savior who lived the ultimate life of greatness. I want to be that kind of 'great.' I want to serve and bring others happiness and to the truth. I want my kids to know that they are great not strictly because of what they accomplish but because of who they are. So, that's what we are going for here, and truthfully, a night of great sleep is the greatness that we seem to be most concerned with at the moment!!
2 comments:
I think your "greatness" shows in your kids. You are a GREAT mother!!! You have great kids that I absolutely adore!
I love the pictures of cute cute cute Harrison in this post!
Happy Belated Birthday Kara!!! Sounds like it was great!! I agree with Shannon. You are a great mom, a great person. You will be far more blessed than someone who has chosen a prestigious career!!!
Harrison is getting to be such a big boy!! So cute!! He looks quite healthy to me!! Hope the weight check goes good.
Post a Comment