We celebrated his birth with some buddies a few days before his actual day. It was my kind of party for sure-take them to the pool, no planning, no prep work, they love it, I love it. We had donuts and presents after.
Boys are so fun and crazy! He invited Matthew, Kaden, Braxton, Mikey, Cameron and Easton. Tyson joined us at our house after swimming. Brenna and Katelee got to join in the aquatic fun. Harrison and I watched from the bench. It was not good planning on my part for the baby and me. I made sure everyone had nice warm clothes because going into an 85 degree pool when it is 30 degrees outside can be a shock on the system. Harry and I were wanting to shed our clothes, though, because we were sitting in our winter apparel in the sauna like room. One of us stripped a little, I am not saying who! Grant is the most gracious reciever of gifts. He always is really thrilled with whatever, even if he knows he isn't going to play with it. He wanted to give everyone a hug or high five after he opened their gifts. I love it.
We started this week with a really bad day for Grant. He came out of school on Monday totally mad because his class didn't get to go outside for recess. The TA said it was too cold, even though most of the other classes were out playing. (I'm pretty sure she just didn't want to go watch them!). Then, he went on to explain he had Spanish (he hates it!) and for PE they had to do jump rope! Terrible! So, I was hoping school went better on his birthday, and he said it was a good, so yay!
We had a hard time thinking of what to buy him as a gift. I loved when he was little and he would request toilet paper! Now, for the past few years, it's been all legos and weapons. That was exactly the phrase he used when I asked what he wanted "legos and weapons" because he says "you can never have too many!" So, his request was granted. Grandma and Grandpa gave him a whole ninja getup that he thouroughly enjoy and I forsee will get hours of fun out of.
I attempted a football cake. He was pleased, so I consider it a success. Grant requested we order pizza from Papa Johns so he could get the garlic sauce-he is obsessed! This boy is so awesome. He is seriously a great person. He has a tender heart that is manifested when his sisters have hurt feelings or when he picks up his brother to comfort. He is the biggest tease and so much fun. Grant is such a mix of Dave and me. He is picking up the salesman side, as apparent when he approached me with the question, "what is preventing you from giving me more minutes on electronics today?" My side shows through at times like last night when he was going to bed so sad. What? Sad after a great birthday? He looked at me and explained that he had been looking forward to his birthday all year and then it was over so fast! Did I not just post about how I feel the same on my birthday?! We talked it through, but he still came out of bed a few times with those hurt feelings! This dude is for sure special, not just on February 5th, but every day, every minute.
2 comments:
Grant is a special kid. We love him over here!! I love that he has a mix of both you and Dave's personalities! Ha ha! Made me smile.
Happy Belated Birthday to the Grant Man!! They grow up way too fast Kara!!
Post a Comment