Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brenna's Birthday

 
 While I am a little late posting, our sweetie-sweetie, Lady Brenna McArthur had a birthday just 5 days after Grant. She is officially 4 years old!! She found it a little rough having to wait for her turn to be celebrated!  She would ask multiple times everyday, throughout the days between the 5th and 10th- "what time is it MY birthday?"  Luckily, the time did come!


She had a few little girls from the neighborhood over to have a bash.  We had rousing games of freeze dance, hot potato, musical pillows and don't let your balloon touch the ground.  All party activities seemed to be a big hit!


The girls decorated wands and had hot pink cupcakes, I mean really, what else could a girl want?!  We definitely have to work on the gift etiquette Brenna exhibited at both her friend and family party.  She tore through the presents with hardly a glance as to what was inside and a barely audible thank you escaped her lips.  She just had to get through each one in record time. 



We had Emree, Adi, Keira, Megan, Kinley, Brenna, Madison, and Kate (who is not big on her picture being taken).  Grant and Katelee were huge helpers and made the games extra exciting!  Dave was in charge of Harrison.  With a few minutes left of the party, Dave slipped out to get a haircut.  He told me he had put the baby on the bed in the basement sound asleep, barricaded with high pillows.  Well, just before parents came to pick up, I hear faint crying.  Sure enough, I open the guest room door and the cutest little sad face was looking up at me from the floor.  Somehow, he had taken himself off the bed (I like saying that better than fallen, I feel less guilt!), and crawled towards the door.  He just really didn't want to miss the party. 

 A couple days later, we had Brenna's birthday with the fam.  She requested a butterfly cake and it was delish!

She loves her new scooter!  She had been telling Aunt Shannon and Grandma that they needed to buy her one for her birthday...its what she wanted.  We decided that was good gift from mom and dad!

Brenna rushed into this world and has taken everyday by storm since.  She is a riot, honestly.  We frequently get comments about her 'being a character' or a 'spitfire' or 'she can hold her own.'  Which are all nice ways of describing her strong personality!!  She has adjusted to Harrison well in the past few months and told me that my baby is Harrison and hers is "Heresy."  It just seems fitting for her!  She stands up at dinner nearly every night on her chair turns around so her backside is to all of us and with hand on hip, does an impromptu booty shake.  Her daily dress-ups are one of my favorite from zombies, to bad witches, princesses; each costume decided by the scientific method of "eeny meeny miny HO."  When she was spotlighted at preschool, here is what she said about herself:


I am 4 years old
My favorite colors are pink and purple
My favorite food is chocolate milk
My favorite animal is ostrich
My favorite thing to do is play legos and toys
When I grow up I want to be a singer
My favorite place is camping in the mountains (yea, she has never been, but we have done S'Mores!)
If I had one wish, it would be for a meeting with Santa.

We love Brenna!!!  She makes our world an exciting place!!

1 comment:

Cagney and Laci said...

What a cutie! Nice work on that cake, you are quite the baker my dear! I cant believe she is 4! Happy birthday Grant and Brenna, wished I could made those parties, they looked like epic amounts of fun!