And just like that our school year is over! Grant not only finished up his 5th grade year, but his entire elementary school career. I try not to think about it. He is a growing pre-teen boy! He has his first job cutting our neighbor's grass...
He is loving this responsibility and he gets a little side kick assistance. Really, he gets more than one. Dave is helping him with the edging, but Grant is the head honcho on this project. Not only has Grant entered the work force recently, he has gone from this...
to this...
Phase one of braces complete! Bring on the popcorn! Of course the winding down days of the school year was full of excitement. There was the school carnival, where I had a ball watching our two big kids play bubble soccer.
My favorite was when they would bounce off other players and flip upside down. I think I need to invest in this for my own benefit. It looks fantastic. There was "laser tag" and a couple of inflatables, but the kids were not so impressed with the carnival this year. Good thing field day did not disappoint. I helped at the school, but didn't snap a pic of the inflatable water slides, water balloons, games, just dance, party galore. It is my favorite day to drop the kids off because they are welcomed to the school with teachers on the roof of the school chucking marshmallows at the incoming students. Another idea I should incorporate at home!
Katelee was awarded High Honor Roll and Grant Honor Roll and both of them had glowing reviews from their teachers. We definitely lucked out with teachers this year. Miss Spence was Katelee's kinder teacher, so we were thrilled when Brenna got her too! She is the best!
I can't believe Brenna is a kindergarten graduate!
She passed with flying colors, there was no question, of course! I'm going to pretend like first grade isn't happening soon. It causes a pit to grow in my stomach. Brenna had school all day Tuesday, all day Thursdays and every other Friday. She is a smart cookie full of life!
Just before school got out was Memorial Day. Why we go back to school after Memorial Day is unfortunate, but that is the case. We had our annual breakfast at the park. It was great weather this year and really fun to have Rachel back from her mission!! We welcomed her at the airport a few weeks ago and were able to witness Emmalee falling into her arms in sobbing heaps. It was great.
We had our delicious breakfast, played games where many injuries were incurred (Jason smacked Brenna straight in the face with a soccer ball as he tried to score a kickball home run, Grandma kicked off her shoes and tripped making her toe a swollen bruised mess, Shannon also fell, Katelee had her wrist whipped back in a dangerous Red Rover game. Good thing boccie ball is safe!
Other fun May events included our overflowing window well:
Luckily, we realized our rain gutter was clogged and we didn't need to install a pump. The rains kept coming and coming and they were there for a freezing last soccer game. These peeps were troopers...
Our family went to the Bountiful Food Pantry and put together food kits for kids in need. We loved it and will definitely return. You make cards to place in the bags and assemble the packs, the kids really enjoyed it.
We were able to witness the beautiful balletic moves of this tiny dancer.
This little lady oozes feeling as she dances. I can't wait to see her continue with what she loves. Its especially nice because Brenna gets to dance with one of her favorite pals, Kinley.
Our family went to the Bountiful Food Pantry and put together food kits for kids in need. We loved it and will definitely return. You make cards to place in the bags and assemble the packs, the kids really enjoyed it.
We were able to witness the beautiful balletic moves of this tiny dancer.
This little lady oozes feeling as she dances. I can't wait to see her continue with what she loves. Its especially nice because Brenna gets to dance with one of her favorite pals, Kinley.
Tomorrow we leave for Jackson Hole and Yellowstone-a maiden voyage for all but me in our family. Hence, the quick blog post to update quick before we have another adventure. Truly everyday is an adventure here. Every minute we survive the terrible two tantrums, that give the Hulk some serious competition, I feel is a success! On to summer! Yeehaw!

1 comment:
I love your adventures and can't wait to read about more!
Post a Comment