Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Spooks and Sillies

Sometimes you are blogging and it is January, but you have to write about things that happened in October and you just hope you aren't fabricating events too much, but that's why there are pictures to prove you really lived the stories.  That's where we are today, folks.  Throwing it back a few months to my favorite season.  Brenna has Halloween listed in her top 3 holidays, while it doesn't have the same place in my list or heart, it does bring about a lot of fun! 

The kids and I ventured out to Thanksgiving Point during Fall Break to wander the gardens and the Scarecrow Festival.  
We voted on our favorite ones and I tried to keep the munchkins from destroying the displays.  
Harrison had to get a picture of every pirate Scarecrow, but the photos didn't turn out, so here is Dorothy instead!  I have told Harrison not to touch or pick at things and his reply is "I will NEVER."  So, he respectfully left all art in tact, but there was a little man handling.  

It was Red Ribbon week for the girls during October.  Crazy Hair day has now become a 'rat the little ladies' hair into huge balls of tangles' Day.  It's kind of a tradition now, I guess.  Oddly enough, it's the only day my dear daughters tell me I'm great at doing their hair!  HAHA!  It's true.  
Sure do love these wild ladies of mine.  Each of our kids, ok, mostly the 3 younger ones, love teaching our Family Home Evening lesson.  Harrison usually welcomes everyone, we sing a song with someone conducting.  Occasionally, the musical number even includes and interpretive dance, then we move on to family business before we hear a lesson and have an activity.  Katelee's lesson on the First Vision recently was especially creative as we capped it off with an activity she designed.  On a paper, she had drawn a forest and a young boy kneeling.  Then, she handed us a cut out of Heavenly Father and Jesus.  We were then blindfolded and we had to "pin" them in the sacred grove blindfolded.  Best family home evening game in a long time.  Ha! 

We had lots of fun at the Witches...

Having our annual family spooky dinner
where Harrison would not eat the worms.  I don't know what is wrong with that child.  

He was introduced to 'Captain Underpants,' the movie.  So, many a people have seen him doting a red cape and saving those in distress around our house while singing "TRA-LA -LA!"
He is a fun kid, who is completely in love with electronic devices.  Boo.  I am not a fan of parenting the screen time, but such is life.  He, does think that I need help in my choices and parenting strategies, he dishes out advice a lot to me.  He told me the other day that 'the spirit will tell you what to do.'  I appreciated this faith filled encouragement, but the declaration that came from his mouth "you can't argue with me, I'm in charge,"  was not so much my favorite.  


Harrison's little preschool class worked hard on learning some Halloween songs and presented them to parents at a Halloween party.  They were so adorable.  
We sure love Miss Amy.  She and I were cracking up because I've been worried about Harry's behavior at preschool.  There have been multiple times that I pick Harry up and as I'm buckling him into his carseat, he will let out a big sigh.  I've asked him what is wrong and then somehow it comes out that he has been on the time out chair.  Strangely, he can't remember why he spends time on the Time Out Chair, or what he has done to warrant that.  
When I picked him up last week, I asked Miss Amy, 'no time out chair for him today?'  She chuckled and said of course not.  I told her I was relieved cuz he has been on it lately. She stopped in her tracks and asked me what I said.  She started busting up laughing because apparently, Harrison has never been on the Time Out Chair, not once.  We are yet to discover why he wants to claim his delinquency when it isn't accurate, but for now, he is record is clean.  


The last day of October seems like it takes an eternity to get to, for the kids.  We fill our month, but waiting for the candy filled holiday is a stretch.  Finally the day arrived and the kids donned their costumes of a vampire, pirate, peanut butter and jelly and a baby.  So simple, so great this year.  


We filled our day with the parade, (SO glad we don't allow 10 year olds to have binkies...he slobbery talk around that device all day was driving me crazy!)
 class parties (Katelee had a mad science party, so I needed to dress the part...ok, it gave me an excuse to dress the part), 
 a neighborhood dinner and Trick or Treating.  Grant went out for a just a little bit with his friends, Katelee was with her gals and I took the two little people while Dave had a rough time having to answer the door so much while he was trying to watch the World Series.  ha!  We have had bags of candy ever since.  We actually threw it away just barely (much to the children's dismay), but Harrison keeps asking me if he can "borrow a cookie" from me.  I don't think I will like the state he will return it in, so I have declined.  That is not well received.  


Thanksgiving this year was hosted at the Petrick's this year.  We had a delish dinner and went to see Justice League.  We had a great time and had our special Grateful Gobbler up all month.  A lot of the blessings repeat year after year and how grateful we are that they do!!!  (Although, Mario was a new addition, not too thrilled about how he has entered our life!).













No comments: