Tuesday, June 4, 2019

May-cember

 Oh man, May the Fourth be with us because May is exhausting!!  A couple of years ago, a neighbor friend who has older kids than mine by 3-4 years told me May is the worst.  Now, I get it.  Something is going on everyday.  Although being busy is sometimes a blessing because sometimes it keeps us going and moving and minds off of fears that are not productive.  As Hagrid wisely said, "What's coming will come and we will face it when it does."  So, that was the mantra for this month, one day at a time.  

Games wrapped up for Grant and Harrison and Katelee. Katelee signed up for soccer and their poor team had no coach and was pretty much the girls who had never played and didn't already have an organized group.  They grew so much!!  They even won a game at the end.  You would have thought it was the world cup with how happy us fans were!
  Grant is adamant about never playing soccer ever again, and he missed his last game so I didn't get any pictures.  Lame.  Harrison thinks he won the Superbowl with the Ravens but is now itching to play baseball.  So, batter up!

He always asks me to print off coloring pages and he spends hours coloring, making teams etc.  Aaron Taylor made his life by giving him some baseball cards.  I still have some that he sent over to our house that I'm waiting for the opportune time to give Harrison...meaning as a bribe to get him to go to bed or be good!! Harrison is quite good at self entertaining, so good in fact, he often gets angry when a friend knocks, or someone tries to talk to him.  We were at family dinner and Jason was trying to talk to Harry.  Harrison responded with, "can you be quiet so I can play?"  Ha! 

There were so so many end of the year concerts, recitals-Brenna's dance

Katelee's voice-

Grant had choir, Brenna had an opera. 
 Wow, that was special! She was an arctic cat.  The third grade wrote their own music and lyrics and lets just say it was unforgettable.  They also had a wax museum.  I found this wax statue of Ballerina Anna Pavlova.  She just looked so familiar...
Brenna joined the four eyes club...kind of.  She has a punch card but not a full pass into the club yet.  She doesn't NEED glasses, but the doc suggested she have them for school so she can grab them if she ever feels like she has to squint at far away things.  

With all the end of the year presentations and activities, we had to keep the house going as well as make all of our appointments that were required.  It was hard work!  Harrison is a good helper, except when he finds a sports apparel section and he makes me wait while he tries on every hat until he finds one that 'suits him.'  We actually ran into a friend when this last one happened.  I tried to keep walking with him yelling, "mom, I think this one suits me."  Everyone around him was cracking up.  
Katelee had the best teacher this year.  She really gave her class so many opportunities to experience a lot.  Katelee joined the debate team and made it to state.  State was kind of a scary day 
with snooty opponents, but we are still so happy she tried it and were so proud of her and her partner, Camryn.
Mrs. Chang's daughter became the class/team mascot.  She is so good to tag along as her awesome mom supports the students.  Luckily we did have a couple of fun things to keep from going wacko.  Grant and I were supposed to go to School of Rock, but he got invited to a party and thought that sounded better!??!!!  What?
Dave filled in and had a great time, he thought it was one of his favorite shows.  I don't know how other people could possibly be more fun than Grant's own mother?!

I think I'm pretty cool, I mean, I take kids to ice cream, so that should earn me some points, right?


Harrison was the first to wrap up his educational year.  His graduation from Miss Amy's preschool was a bit tender for me-our last preschooler!
We have loved Miss Amy and I love having a preschooler!!!  Harrison had the best class this year.  I mean, he couldn't go wrong with his girlfriend in the class! This is the famous Aria, the one he gave the Valentine card to.  We will see how long the romance lasts as they go to separate schools!  haha!
We carpooled with Coco.  Coco and her little brother Thax loved having Harrison to ride with.  
Really, all the kids in his class are so funny, they kept me from balling in the program, I was laughing so hard.  Miss Amy asked them to say words that started with a letter.  The first letter she chose was 'B'  One kid raised his hand and said, "Ball" another kid says, "bouncy balls."  Harrison raised his hand and said, "Bear-a CUB bear, the Cubs are Bears."  Miss Amy said every time she would do this during preschool, he would have to think of a team that started with that letter.  Miss Amy moved on to the next letter in the program, by announcing 'M'  Little Preston raised his hand and said, "Butt."  Hahaha!  Miss Amy told him that did work for the letter B!  Now, could he think of a word that started with M?  Tyler had an answer.  He started sounding out M..."Mmmmm....Emmett."  We were all loving it.  Harrison ended the M question by answering, 'Mariners."
Love these preschool buddies!
Jack, Emmett, Harrison and Ty

Mr ADP even had a class to attend this month.  
He sent me his school photo and I told him it was like he had a cover shot.  I am not sure he enjoyed the enhancements I made to his photo, but Harrison and I sure did! 


The last weekend before school ended was of course Memorial Day! We love Memorial Day, especially, Harrison says when 'that guy' (Brett) brings his rockets.  We told Brett this and he was nice enough to let Harrison help with the launching.  
Best day of his life.  
We played at the park-which was surprising because it had been so rainy.
  We had our delicious breakfast, went to the mortuary for Grandpa's parents and then we added stopping by Grandpa and Grandma Passey's graves.  It was fun to hear grandma talk and share stories about her parents.  When I asked Grandpa to share something about his, he said, "they are dead."  So, there you go.  

Finishing up this year was extra emotional.  Many of Grant's friends are moving on to high school and more than half of his good friends that will still be in his grade got shifted to a different junior high.  We are just glad to have made it through 8th grade and hope 9th grade is a good one!!

Brenna had to say goodbye to Mrs Brooks.  She will be leaving the elementary school we attend to teach at a school closer to her home.  We get it, but we sure will miss her.  She was born to teach!
Katelee's final elementary year has been fantastic thanks to Mrs Chang.  She truly impacts all her students and we have been so lucky to have her.  
They have all the 6th graders walk the hall out the doors with their caps and everyone claps.  I was cheering for all the cute kids, but then I saw Katelee all teary and I just started crying...big surprise.  She and her friends were a mess.  

They are ready for junior high though, and I think great things are ahead for Katelee, and all these cute ladies.  
 Now, on to summer!!!!




No comments: