Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September Stuff

September started and yay schedules are in full swing! We've got swimming and dancing and theatre and music lessons and baseball and church activities and homework!  We always look forward to September for time up at Snowbird.  This year we did not have Labor Day (it will be our week next year-yes!)  But, we did get to spend sometime with friends who moved out of our neighborhood just across the way.  They invited a few families from our street to help break in their new pool! 
It was a fun way to spend the holiday and then we could spend the end of the week kicking of Snowbird!  
The kids got to miss a day of school to spend time with the fam and they got to go up on an afternoon with friends to swim and hang out.  We had a great time, as always.  Harrison and I went on a little hike and I took a day to myself up there hiking all over the mountain.  There were so many trails I had never been on.  I'm excited to explore more! We live in such a gorgeous place and are lucky to have these views so close.
We used our beautiful mountains as the backdrop to our family pictures this year.  Family photo shoot day is always an interesting one! Brenna requested many solo photographs, she asked that we all do a serious face one.  When we got the pictures back, we noticed we were all reflective looking in the distance, with the exception of Brenna who is pulling a scrunched up, double chin tongue out face.  Oh that little darling.  The photographer got a kick out of her for sure.  
Harrison made it through the first 15 minutes pretty happily and then he came to me with terrible news-that he was starving.  I should have planned of that, but I thought he could last and I had bribed all the kiddos with fast food if they cooperated.  
The poor fellow held it together for as long as he could and then he ended up a heap on the dirt that we had to keep propping up.  Ah well...such good family pic memories every time.  We had to hurry and get pictures before Dave gets his braces!  
We cleaned up as best we could, smiled, looked like we were happy despite the pain and annoyances of siblings.  We hair sprayed and cleared our noses.  When I had a little boogie on my nose, Harrison asked me to if he could have it.  Of course, I was a little confused and grossed out.  I wanted to make sure I heard him correctly and he said, "your booger, can I have it?" I repeated his answer-he wanted my booger?  To which he responded, "Yes, I love them.  I will keep it in my room.  I love boogers."  Well, I have had a child that wiped a good booger mural across the wall near their bed, a child that was a connoisseur of fine booger flavor and now I have a collector of the mucus.  To each their own, I suppose.  Ew.
We are just sorting through the images and deciding what to keep.  We even got Harrison to wear his pants the right way.  Every Sunday he has been trying to get out the door with his pants on backwards.  I can't imagine that is comfortable.  

Grant got another chance to get fanciful this month.  Our neighbors are from Bolivia and their lovely daughter had her 15th birthday recently.  So, a Quincenara was planned and Grant got to be part of the program.  He had been working hard on his dancing skills-the waltz and bachata to be precise.  

It was so much fun to watch!!  I felt like I was prematurely getting him going for prom though, so that was the only set back!  
What a party! 
 We ate, watched a touching program, cheered on the dancers and we cut a rug like you wouldn't believe.  Harrison was break dancing all over that gym floor.  It was a sight to behold.  
We loved that our friend from Scotland got in his formal attire.  

It was a multicultural night for sure and one we absolutely loved!

Harrison has been adjusting so well to kindergarten.  He was a little lonely at first, but now he totally has it down.  I am actually finding the time goes by too quickly that I am on my own.  So, maybe next year won't be so bad after all!

I love that I am available to be involved with school.  Here he is with his friend Kate on their first field trip.  Evidence that Harrison has older siblings-flashing signs like that in a picture.  Oh geez. 

Cute kids had a great time at the farm and it was fun to be with another class so Harrison could hang out with his friend Jack too! 
We are loving this fall weather and look forward to lots of fun times ahead!

No comments: