This October, my brother Brad turned 50!! His lovely wife, Angelique invited everyone to join in and celebrate his birth in DISNEYWORLD!
It was a miraculous feat-but all 6 siblings and our parents were able to join Brad's family in sunny and humid Florida to party.
We ate Disney inspired treats, walked till sweat was dripping everywhere, watched shows, and worked those fast passes.
One of my favorite rides is Expedition Everest. One morning, we got up for magic hours and Blake and I rode it time and time again-7 times to be exact, each time in a different seat. We didn't even get sick, he would disagree, but I think I wore him out! Ha!
We got to try the new Star Wars ride-mixed reviews, I think the next one they open will be magical.
We hit all the 'mountains,' and watched great firework shows. We got to try out the new Skycoaster that transports people from park to park. Luckily we were there the week we were, because the week later there was a secret conspiracy hidden accident. Nice cover up Disney, nice cover up.
We all loved the Avatar ride and made sure to get fast passes for that. Even people who wear parkas over their heads (grandma) enjoyed the adrenaline rushes!
So many fun things to explore! We laughed and rode and sweat and walked and ate and sweat some more. Did I mention how hot it was??!!
While Brad was the reason for the trip, my dad may have been the star of the show.
Previous to this trip, Disney had in fact been declared as the antithesis of 'the happiest place on Earth' for him (and Dave, but I didn't need to worry about Dave because he wasn't with us!).
But, this Disney go around, Scott Petrick joined in the party like he was Walt's best buddy.
He synchronized his 'wahoo' shouts with me on roller coasters, rode every ride, never once had a stroller incident where he lost it at a parent for rolling over his toes...he even was chosen as THAT GUY for the Monsters Inc laugh floor. I called it to Blake-I told him Dad would be chosen. When your hair is that slick and you are wearing a salmon colored shirt, how could they not choose you??The rest of the day we had to greet his fans as they recognized him through the park.
His uncanny ability to fall asleep in random places was in amazing form during this trip. There was our lunch while waiting for our French pastries...
I actually don't blame him for that. It was sweltering and we came into nice air conditioning, it was like a soothing moment for us all. It was much better than when he just called it and laid down in the middle of the walkway of Epcot.
There was the moment he found respite while the rest of us were trying to escape dinosaurs on our Safari,
There was the moment below, where he was on hard cement snoozing as he awaited fireworks. While those all seem crazy, none of them could reach the time we noticed he was missing from the back of the line of Toy Story Mania. A big group of us was inching up as lines do and then we noticed a big gap behind us-there were no other guests waiting for the ride. Also missing-Scott himself. He apparently had fallen asleep while standing in line. The people behind him didn't know what to do...should they wake him, or move around him? We helped out with the awkward moment and gathered our father and bonded with strangers over the hilarious moment.
I am glad Brad got old so that we could have this trip that probably won't ever happen again, and we could put Dad's talents to the test. He passed with flying colors.
When I got home, Brenna was able to show of some of her talents in the production of FROZEN. Her dance schedule doesn't usually permit her to have time to do that, so we were happy she could!
She was dazzling as a member of the Snow Chorus.
We had a week long fall break this year, so you bet we were going to put Brenna's National Park pass to use! We hit the road and explored Zions.
There were some breathtaking hikes and views.
After one day of hiking, Dave decided we needed to eat some really good food, so why not drive for hours to go to Vegas! Ha! We went to the Wynn for The Buffet and the kids loved it. We hustled back in the car so we could get to Kannarraville Falls for a slot canyon river hike.
The water was COLD and one certain gentleman squealed like a small child when his feet got wet. I told him I was married to a grandma after being tired of his screams and moans and he manned up! Poor Harrison, though, caught a glimpse of the slot canyon, and yelled, "No, lets not go in there, I DON'T TRUST IT."
With much coaxing and many rides on his older brother's back, we got him inside the canyon to face the waterfall and treacherous ladder.
He did it though!!! and we all ended up loving it. We will have to retry that hike when people are mentally prepared. Haha!
Such a day like that called for some rest and relaxation and time by the pool.
We had some face masks, soothing music and wrapped up the day, until my toe met the door of the Marriott bathroom...
Everyone was getting ready for bed and my toe went under the bathroom door. When I opened it, the door snagged my toe and ripped my toenail nearly completely off. I started freaking out and loudly saying, "oh no, oh no, oh no," which caused the people to run into the bathroom. I was bleeding a lot and Dave grabbed a towel in time for me to wrap it and pass out. It hurt like the dickens and since I lost consciousness, Dave thought it best to do a little ER visit. I am not sure I would highly recommend that emergency room as the doctor took a look at my bleeding mess and shivered declaring that 'feet are so gross!' Thanks doc for making me feel better. The nurse was interesting as well. He just camped out and told us about other patients he had, asked me who I wanted to do the 3 shots I'd have in my toes/feet-him or the doctor? It was a little wacko. I hobbled out with no stitches, just a wrapped up foot trying to hold the toe on by the littlest thread.
Due to toe injury and the freezing temperatures, Dave got to be the designated trick or treater with the kiddos. They had a fun time at school with parties and a parade first. Here was our little sassy skeleton...
and kindergarten size Mario. He did some great authentic jumps and Italian accent as he introduced himself. It was very entertaining.
Grant "dressed up" as Waldo. I thought it was a cool enough costume for a rad dude such as Grant
and Katelee was a cuddly Care Bear.
The older kids watched scary movies with friends-because they know I don't do that, ok also because they don't want to hang out with me on Halloween, which is totally weird to me.













No comments:
Post a Comment