Monday, January 2, 2023

Christmas and a New Year

The odd but comforting thing about life is it keeps on chugging along, despite death, despite tragedy and heartache, despite challenges or life change.  We know Grandpa would want the kids to have a wonderful Christmas and we spent the holiday remembering him and trying to look for the good despite the hard times ahead.  



Harrison was thrilled with his FSU jersey and helmet- Grandpa would be proud...but a Crimson Tide set would really have been in his honor.  Grant got a snowboarding pass, Katelee some shoes and a mini fridge.

Grant gave me my most favorite blanket, Dave and I exchanged stockings and  

Brenna was thrilled (and not surprised, despite the pic) with her Lagoon season pass.  


It was a low-key day, spent playing games after church!  We (and when I saw we I mean ONLY me and Dave) loved that Christmas was on a Sunday this year.  It filled our heart with the true Christmas joy and the kids reluctantly agreed...after they changed out of their Sunday best.  haha!

We still have a couple of kids who will hang out with us as we ring in the New Year, so we played games, ate delish food, 

and of course did face masks per our tradition.  Dave loves it so much, as documented here.   

Fine, our dinner out to Ruth's Chris may be more up his alley.  A new year brings a lot of pondering, a lot of goals and lot of unknown.  The past few months have had me searching for what I DO know.  I don't think these questions are already answered completely, but I do know that the future can be bright.  There are certainties in life and in ours it is our rock of Jesus Christ.  We've been through a lot, a lot only He can know and all that only he can pull us through.  So, as we face a new year, absolutely we will do it together, and we will do it with Him.  


No comments: