While many people despise the month of January, we have to pay homage to the day of my birth, so I think there has to be something good! We have had an extremely snowy winter thus far, albeit it began late- but the kids (Grant especially with his season pass) are loving snowboarding. Definitely some good to be had in a month that provides such powdery happiness.
We basked in the winter glory for my birthday activity as well...
Harrison, Brenna, Dave and I went out for pizza in Park City and then to explore the ice castles I have heard so much about.
Did we wear snow pants? No. Were our knees and bums frozen and wet by the end of our adventure- absolutely.
Dave wasn't a fan of crawling on hands and feet and he only indulged us once or twice on the ice slides, but we had a great time venturing into tunnels and caves
illuminated by colorful LED lights. Of course we missed Grant and Katelee, but it was
such a fun evening. The frost bitten noses and toes were worth it. Happy birthday to me!
Grant is doing his 'last' of everything at high school as the year goes on. This month wrapped up his high school swimming experience. We went to support him on senior night.
Brenna couldn't make it with dance (boy is it hard to get everyone in one place anymore), but we are proud of how Grant has stuck with swimming despite having to get up for 5am practices...which means waking up at 4:25am with the rest of the team- the seniors all pictured below.
He also had an added obstacle with having a broken neck last year, so we are all just so grateful he can walk, let alone swim.
Coach Powers has been a great support and resource to Grant all through high school. It was fun to see him encourage him that night and everyday through swim and chemistry. Powers is pretty much the teacher Grant goes to whenever he has to do some attendance school catch up...which might be often.
Congrats on all your accomplishments, senior swimmer Grant!
Swimming finished! Year 41 of life completed for me and on to year 42. While I am undisputably one year older, one year wiser is definitely debatable. I had heard so much growing up that you get older and realize you don't know as much as you thought...amen to that. That realization can't equate to wisdom, can it? One year older and chubbier too...yes, one year older and battle scared too...yes. Maybe the experiences awaken us and that can bring wisdom. One year older and more reflective too- absolutely. It isn't that I am having a mid-life crisis, but I find each year I am sitting back more often and wondering how I got where I am and what do I even know? The answer is not a lot! And I guess I am ok with that. I do know that when one visits an ice castle, one should wear snow pants when sliding down slippery frozen water slides. I can be taught, but the wisdom is coming in miniscule drips to my life cup! Here is to year 42!









No comments:
Post a Comment