June lived up to his summer hype this year for sure. Grant decided to make a go at pest control sails and flew out to the Miami heat while we enjoyed a more mild climate...but still nice and warm.
I am Harrison's Activity Days leader and we planned a 'Dress Like Your Dad' BBQ. It was so funny to see the boys matchy matchy with their dads.
Harrison wanted to be truly D-Mac authentic and wear a yankees hat, even though he despises the yanks. The collared polo with athletic pants and a hat was spot on. Some boys/dads were in star wars gear, or tie dye, or a certain color. It was so fun, especially when we played a game where they had to answer questions about their partner to see how well they knew each other. These two have a lot of fun together. Harrison and I were talking about girls at school and he, with all sincerity, told me he IS kind of a heart throb. I can totally see it. It also sounds like something his dad would say- so they are twinning in that way as well as their yankee apparel.
It was our month to go work at Fill the Pot. We love that place. Truly it is run by some of God's angels/hands on earth.
Toni is one of our most fav people on the planet and keeps us laughing and inspired. Grant was there helping one day and they happened to be filming so he was spotted on a between general conference program that highlighted their organization. Grant can also been seen on their website sporting a very fanciful hairnet. We need to screenshot that before they update the photos because it is stunning.
Speaking of stunning, Blake and Lindsey are currently residing on a lake house just north of Coeur d'Alene. They have been saying we should come visit because it is so beautiful and they have all the lakehouse toys we could use. So, we decided to coordinate with Paige's fam and grandma and grandpa and take them up on the offer. Sooooo glad we did...
Unfortunately, Dave couldn't join us because it was the end of his fiscal year, so I took Katelee, Brenna and Harrison to the lakeside paradise and slept in their a frame cabin on the property. It was perfection.
We kayaked, paddle boarded and canoed to our hearts desires and that was A LOT. We literally walked out the door and to the dock. There was a lot of pushing into the lake, chasing/racing each other on the kayaks and riding in Blake's friend's speed boat.
Caleb still works for the wave runner company and got us all out on the lake riding.
The last time he had Harrison and Brenna, they tipped- so Harrison was a bit reluctant, but this go was pure success! Grandpa zoomed through the waves yelling "42" as that was how fast he got going. These two posers were so adorable for pics that they almost ran into the dock, but hey they got a good photo!
Brenna and Harrison did some rock jumping into the lake while they waited for their turn to ride and had a blast doing that as well. We had smores along the lake, had epic Smash Bros tournament that had all the cousins crying laughing,
some went fishing off the dock, really we just soaked up every minute in that magical place. We did for sure miss Grant and Dad.
We stayed up super late every night in our little personal cabin and woke up to stunning views and and a couple of smashed frogs for some reason. Ha! Saying goodbye was rough, but due to the lack of sleep and playing so hard, some melt downs occured. I made Brenna and Harrison sing our verison of Happy Family and she felt like Grandpa needed to experience it as well. I am sure he appreciated it.
Because I get car-colepsy I had to break up the drive. Katelee was more than willing to take a turn, but we drove in Dave's company vehicle (plus I wouldn't have wanted her to...shhhhh) so I was the solo driver. We almost always plow through long drives when Dave is with us. We will both drive, him with the majority of the time behind the wheel, but when it's just me- I have to break it up. So, we had a lovely over night stop in Montana on the way back and ate super yummy food and digested it's goodness and our memories! It was so great!
The next week Brenna jumped back in to dance training and Katelee and I got to head up to Book of Mormon Youth conference. I had been released from Young Women's in December, but I was so looking forward to going to youth conference, so my friend Kristen took pity on me and called me as her assistant director.
The months leading up to the event I helped her with the run throughs of each scene, casting, rehearsing, scouting out the location (luckily she had done it all before). Right before we went up, I learned I would be the tech guy's assistant as well. I totally just nodded my way through whatever the technology jargon was but I pressed the buttons like I knew what I was doing...and I didn't ruin youth conf! Hooray!
I got to be Abish during the character lunch and watch so many cool scenes. My favorite was Abinadi and Jesus coming. They were all so fabulous. It was so fun seeing Katelee there and watching her experience it as well. The wards were divided into families. Here was hers...
We made it back home for Dave's birthday! I gave him tickets to a candlelight Coldplay concert, which was really fun. Harrison made him this dandy hat...to accentuate his bald spot.
I mean, we are getting up in age and the results are inevitable. I am accepting it in stride. Dave is in denial, but that's a-ok. He is one year closer to his goal of getting to be over 100. Apparently Harrison is awaiting a developmental goal as well. He gets dry, itchy skin occasionally. All of our kids do. I saw a spot on his face and told him he had a little eczema developing and he excitedly responded with, "oh yea. What's that? Puberty?" I had to explain the difference between the skin condition and maturation. It was a good convo per Harrison discussions.
















No comments:
Post a Comment