August is the month this little bro reached double digits!!! A whole glorious decade with Harrison Carl McArthur blessing the world with his presence. But, before that could happen we had a few other things that wrapped up the summer.
We love volunteering for United Way's Stuff the Bus event. It's a gathering where donated items are
put out on tables and we assemble backpacks for students/refugees who will need them for the school year. This year Dave and Grant couldn't come with us.
But we still stuffed the bus like no one's business. These were some hard working peeps!
Harrison had a jazz basketball camp with his friend Tate. They got to meet one of the Jazz players...whom I should know, but alas, I don't recall who it was. The Jazz Bear was there to pump them up and now they should play like NBA professionals after two days of hard work, I am sure.
These Activity Day boys loved getting to have a pool party at our friend's house in the stake. I tried to talk Harrison into doing his birthday party there, but he opted for a movie night with these
but he opted for a movie night with these turkeys...
It was before school had started for most of the boys. We took Mason, Paxton, Tate, Gage, Ryler and Cameron to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I mean, I thought they would be thrilled- it is a blast from my past. The new reboot would be fun, right? They told me they were not sure if they would like it but after the show- all I heard was how epic it was and some even reviewed with the comments it was the best movie they had ever seen. So, TMNT blew them out of the park!
Parties concluded, camps wrapped up, the weather started to cool down and it is time to start school! Yippee!! I mean, everyone was excited but sorry to say goodbye to sleeping in. I totally agree. Brenna had to finish up some do-able items on her summer bucket list. So, the day before school, we found some trees she could climb.
Girlfriend is 13 years old, but I still had to push her bum up when she got scared. I am not going to suggest this item to check off for next summer!
The first kiddo to kick off the 23-24 school year is our High School Junior Katelee!! (Technically, I started the school year first since I had to head back to work before the students came...but I didn't take a first day pic) ;)
Katelee is in her middle year of high school and has a really challenging schedule this year. She is taking some AP and concurrent classes and jumping into full academia while not missing out on any social events. She is going to keep her job at Tilly's and plays Sevens for Lacrosse right now. The high school season doesn't start till the spring with practices beginning winter. She is so great and we are soaking up all the minutes we can with this cute high schooler.
The not tree climber extraordinaire, but dancing queen Brenna started 8th grade! She is officially in the middle of the pits of junior high. But, she is excelling and currently is afraid of boys, so her focus stays mainly on dance and getting straight A's.
Harrison started school before his actual birthday, so he began 4th grade as a 9 year old and then just a few days later, he is a decade man.
He is really excited for his teacher and class this year. He is very smart but mostly his focus is on recess.
We love celebrating Harrison right as school gets started for the year. A lot of exciting things are beginning and no one is more thrilling than our Harry boy. He is an artist/designer always tapping into his creativity. He asked me to play hangman in church one Sunday recently and when I started guessing incorrect letters, I was confused as an oval was drawn on the bottom then what looked like a rectangular slicer. It took me a second to put it together so I asked Harrison what was going on and he told me it was a guillotine. No other child has ever asked me to play guillotine-man. But as I missed letter by letter, the little man's head was put in a drawn basket.
Harrison is still into logos and designs- he wanted to decorate the chalkboard for his birthday whishes and you can see it is full of his favorite icons at the moment- Mr Beast, the Rams, Golden State Warriors etc. All drawn by our favorite bball player.
The cake brightened our day just like Harrison always does- you never know what you are going to get! He is so in tune with people's feelings and spreads joy wherever he goes. He did ask at dinner one night how many 'swears' he gets a month. When we jokingly told him one, he, without skipping a beat just blurted out, "hell." At least he asked permission before he just let a stream of profanity out. It is going to be a good school year and a great new decade for our caboose!












No comments:
Post a Comment