Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dancing with the Stars...


Some of you may know this, and some of you may mock- I returned today from my excursion to Dancing With the Stars!! Dave knows that I am a fan of said show, and has been putting my name in the ticket lottery. He got tickets for me and surprised me with a trip to California to view the taping of the semi-final results show. My sister, Shannon, the original Dancing With the Stars fan, accompanied me on the trip. Dave swapped skymiles, sold items on e-bay, took a day off work to stay with the kids, and handed me a folder with every mapquest printout I required! Way to go Dave! I think he is the greatest.

After Shannon and I stood in line to get into the studio, we were given seats on the front row! Michael Flatley, yes folks, the Lord of the Dance himself, then performed with his entourage. I saw the legs flailing about, feet flying, toes tapping-all of it, within an arm's reach. So, if you have the episode ti-voed or recorded, you can see a very blurry Kara right by the stage. After he danced, the VIPs started arriving for the live show and we were kicked out of the front and taken to the balcony corner. Of course, we were disappointed at first, but we soon realized we could see the backstage from there and we watched the celebrities getting ready. Avril Lavigne sang...the professionals did a dance...we saw David Spade, Donny Osmond, Mrs. Brady (aka Florence Henderson), Gloria Allred, and of course all the performing stars. It was fantastic! Thanks Dave for such a memorable trip! These are photos of Shannon and I after the taping at the Grove shopping center.



The kids are doing great...Katelee cut her first teeth. Grant is finally treating her with some kindness. I love it. He does get rough, showing his Grantzilla side at times, but those instances are fewer than before. Last week he hurt her and his apology went something like this..."I sorry Kate..I didn't mean to...I just a boy."


Side note, Grant's eye is fully healed. I know people have been concerned. He remembers that when he got hurt he had to go see his pediatrician, Dr. Bean. So, the other day he comes out of the closet with the johnny jump up pushing into his head saying, " Look mom, I doctor Bean." I think having a jumbo stethoscope is a brilliant idea.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all! We hope the holiday is full of family, friends and good times for everyone. We are grateful for all of you! Til next time!

4 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Dave totally WINS husband of the year!!! Who does that? Amazing and what a fun trip! I love your dress too, you look hot!

Cara said...

I think qualifies for husband of the decade. I'm totally impressed! Dave, your amazing. How fun, Kara. I'm so glad you were able to go and have such a fun time.

Tori and/or Clark said...

I definately think you have bragging right Kara. That is so incredibly excellent that Dave did that for you. You must treat him REALLY well or something. That story was almost like a romantic comedy. Romantic because of the thoughtfulness and love behind the gesture and Comedy because it was Dave. Just kidding Dave!!!!

Becky said...

Hey, I am not a fan of Dancing with the Stars, but if Tyson did that - I would still pass out. That is the most thoughtful, wonderful... sniff sniff... incredible thing a husband could do! Way to go! I 3rd that nominee for husband of the year.