Friday, February 15, 2008

False Alarm....

The other day I hear this scream coming from upstairs. Grant is yelling, "FIRE! FIRE" and I as I bolt up the stairs I can make out his little feet running through the rooms as if trying to evacuate everyone from an upcoming disaster. I reach the distressed child and I ask him if there is a fire, to which he calmly responds, "yes mommy, fire, that's right." I ask him to show me the fire and he leads me to Katelee's room where he points to the humidiFIER and tells me that's where it is. Alas, it was a false alarm. But, at least I know Grant would seek us out, room by room , if necessary to save us from flames and smoke.

I also thought I would post some picts of my Valentine's flowers Dave sent me. They are gi-normous. It is hard to get a perspective of their magnitude, but I think Grant's expression here gives a pretty good indication!

You may notice Grant is shirtless in this photo. While I would pretty much consider Grant to be a master of the porcelain throne, he occasionally has a mishap with the standing method. Shirts seem to be in his line of fire somehow.
Just Katelee looking pretty...she's 11months already! She is practicing more and more steps solo, probably getting ready for a big dance party for her birthday next month!

6 comments:

Dubb Days said...

Those pictures are adorable and the story is priceless! When did he begin potty training out of curiosity?

Cagney and Laci said...

Katelee is so cute, she has a lot more of the Petrick look, she looks a lot like you! I cannot believe she is almost 1, that flew by!
Pretty flowers.
I am Grant is already practicing being a hero, he rocks!

Becky said...

He pees on his shirt!?!? How does that work? ....I may need some lessons before Wyatt potty trains or discovers his thinger. Boys are... um... different.

Anonymous said...

What cute kids...THOSE FLOWERS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cara said...

I don't think I've EVER seen a flower bouquet that big. What a husband.

As for the shirt, Trent used to also have that problem. I taught him to hold the bottom of his shirt under his chin. Fixed the problem. Sometimes he still does it with his longer shirts.

Katelee is absolutely beautiful. She looks like such a little lady.

Anonymous said...

Peeing on his shirt? I guess that beats peeing on his own face,or mine for that matter, which is what Tai is famous for doing around our house. Then again, he is only 5 weeks old, and I have not yet mastered the swift diaper swap technique. Well, you have incredibly cute kids I just wanted to let you know.