Happy Birthday Grant Man! Grant is officially three years old...wise beyond his years, he seems to think he can skip this age and proceed on to four years old. He thinks when he is four he gets to ride the school bus. Thus, he is trying to convince the one who very vividly remembers this time three years ago, that he has been around longer! Silly boy. He had a great birthday. When I told him happy birthday in the morning, he looked at me and said,"It's my birthday?!" the rest of the day he sang to himself and told everyone he saw what was going on.
Grant's cute friend and next door neighbor, Sophie, also turned three yesterday, so we had to get a picture of the birthday buddies!

We had a pizza party with Grandpa, Grandma and Shannon...proceeded on to the presents, followed by cake and ice cream.
Grant got a bike and I forsee many practice sessions ahead...his idea of peddling is straddling the bar and running his feet on the floor.


I think Grandpa secretly yearns for a Thomas the Train bike, with an airplane helmet...that cranial protection device seemed to bring him great joy throughout the night, I'm not sure he knew we were watching him. I, myself, am partial to the helmet look on the toddler...but who's to say a gramps can't pull it off!

Grant and his Curious George Cake... He is obsessed with George and everyday has to spend some bonding time with the monkey on PBS. Thanks to Grandma and Dave for assisting with the cake...due to a minor yoga injury, my wrist was not cooperating as needed. (Before you laugh at the thought of a yoga injury I need to remind you 1-it's me:I am clumsy and dysfunctional at times and 2-my doctor said he has seen this a lot with people that do yoga or gymnastics...so it's not just a typical Kara mishap! The falling down the stairs afterwards, however, is Kara protocol.

Katelee enjoyed the party, but loved the dishwasher more. I have unrealistic hopes that the love my kids have for appliances and daily chores carries with them throughout their years! Ha!
On to a fourth year of adventure,disaster, laughs and love with my little red-headed Grantzilla!
5 comments:
That cake is so stinkin' cute!! I am very impressed with that skills. Sorry to hear about your wrist injury that is no fun at all!
Happy Birthday Grant!
I can picture it now, Kara falling down the stairs. I am just kidding I am sorry you are injured. It looks lie a fun party you had!
o.k. Kara, other than the most clumsy (did you inherit that from your mother) sister in law being born, January is not exciting! I didn't hear the falling down the stairs story! My baby stands on the dishwasher door, and is very proud of her job to throw dirty diapers down the stairs. That is almost as good as being a garbage man!
Happy birthday, you cute little red-headed Godzilla!!
Your writing skills leave me laughing out loud! Happy Birthday Grant. Love the bike, cake and littel Katelee into the dishwasher. Such cute kids.
Post a Comment