Thursday, May 1, 2008

come what?... MAY!

One thing I do not usually expect to do on May 1st, is scrape ice off my car, but that is what I was doing at seven this morning! Grant had been messing with my alarm clock, and it was magically set twenty minutes into the future, but hey, it helped me have time to scrape and be off to workout in the time I needed to go! April came and went in a flurry and we have just been plugging along. Lets just do a quick recap of a couple April happenings....Katelee fell down our complete set of stairs, scared me to death, but she got up and shook it off. Grant, who many of you may recall, is still obsessed with garbage, the garbage truck, garbage cans, and all things related to trash. He had my camera for a few minutes the other day and this is what he took a picture of:

Yes, the garbage cans outside our window!! I let him toss our newspaper away and the other day I was putting Katelee in her car seat, while Grant was busily throwing the paper in the recycle bin. When I called to him to get in our car...he was nowhere to be found...again I called his name. This time, I see the lid to the recycle bin slowly open and two little eyes peering out at me. Grant told me that he got in the bin so that the garbage man could take him. After a probably overly descriptive explanation of what would happen to him and the newspaper when they were thrown into the truck, he got out!

We got to visit with Grandpa and Grandma McArthur at the beginning of the month and Grant still says he "misses his Carfurs." It is always fun to see them! We took Katelee to get her pictures taken, see below:
Such a cutie! I catch myself looking at my kids and thinking how blessed I am with these two munchkins. Grant stares off all the time when we are at the dinner table and the other day I asked him what he was thinking about because it was one of those weird stares where someone is looking at you, but not responsive. He simply replied, "I just looking at you mom, cuz I love you." So, good thing the feeling is mutual.

7 comments:

kelsey said...

I can testify of Grant's obsession with garbage. The other day we were outside playing and every few moments Grant would ask me what he could throw away in our garage for us! Tools? Broom? etc. I think I really let him down by not having any items that he could dispose of. Kara, what sweet post. Don't you just love being a mom!!!

Dubb Days said...

OK, Grant may be a handful, but the kid is hilarious! And what a cutie Katelee is, when she starts talking, you are in for a double treat of enjoyable conversation I am sure! Oh and we may have very icky bugs here, but now scraping of the windows in May!

Katie said...

i think we have the same garbage man. he can't place my cans upright either. how hard can it be?!

Katie said...

That is so funny. I think that Grant and Braydne would get along well together. Well, they would probably get into so much trouble. I love that he got inside the recycle bin. That is still making me laugh!

Tori and/or Clark said...

GARBAGE is GREAT!!!! It has a lot of positive things about it. Let me name some............................................................................................................................................................................... it gets taken away????

Kev and Aubs said...

That trash story is hilarious! And I'm glad Katelee is okay. The other day I was trying to tell Kev just how big your staircase is and how fast Grant flies down them.

Cara said...

Hilarious boy. I can just imagine your description of what happens to the garbage. We have neighbor boys who are always hiding in garbage cans. Perhaps you can talk to them also!

Katelee has turned into quite the little lady. Love the pics. We need to get together soon.