Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Patty's Party


St. Patrick's Day is extra special at our house because it is also Katelee's birthday! We celebrated with the little green fellow below, and other family members, by enjoying cake and ice cream and a dance party! Katelee got a little dance mat as a gift and it was a big hit! Katelee is such a cute little stinker! She loves to do everything herself (famous phrase: 'I dude it.') She loves chocolate syrup, with a touch of ice cream in the bowl, and especially loves to be without clothes on. She runs around the house yelling NAKED NAKED until we have to wrestle her down and force her to be clothed. Happy birthday little one!


Kate's special rainbow cake witha pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! What a lucky gal.
We have been busily preparing for our upcoming move. I try to pack a few boxes at a time, only to have them unpacked by my little helpers! We are looking forward to a new adventure, sad to leave our great friends and neighbors, of course. Grant, whose jobs around the house consist of making his bed, taking his dishes to the table, etc has decided that he is "sick and tired of doing everything around here." He informed me this morning that he would be moving out without me, to a place where there are no mommies. I don't think he'd last very long ;). Just a day ago, the little guy was scratching my back and said, "Mommy, when I scratch your back, all your worries go away." He is down for one of his bi-weekly naps now. I am hoping the back scratcher is the kid that wakes up and not the mommy-less wonder!

11 comments:

JaMilLyN said...

It looks like things are never dull at the McArthur household. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. And where are you moving to?

Cagney and Laci said...

Love the rainbow cake it is adorable! Looks like a fun St. Patty's day to me, what a cutie!

Jen said...

I dont know what I would do if I didnt hear all of your Grantisms.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Katelee!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Katelee!!! I told the girls that is was your birthday on St. Patrick's Day. They thought that was cool. We all love you!!

ferkyfam said...

How time flies. Happy Birthday Katelee! Super cute cake... :)

Dubb Days said...

Thanks for my message on my birthday! I appreciated it. I wanted to call back and chat, but I will wait until April when you will be a little less busy (though it will probably take a while to actually feel "moved into" your house. How exciting for you guys!

Cute birthday pics! How fun she always get an extra special b-day!
Glad all is well!

Dubb Days said...

Oh and I love to hear what Grant comes up with!

Becky said...

What fun! We have a Leprechaun birthday in our family too.

When do you guys close and move into your new house? I want to come see it - and I'll help you put your things away! :)

StephNyd said...

That's always fun to have a birthday on a holiday! Your little girl is super cute! :)

Cara said...

Happy Birthday Katelee! I can't believe our babies are 2 already!!!

I feel so out of the loop...your moving???? We need to have a dinner soon so I can get all caught up again. I can totally watch your kids for you! It's such a pain to move with kids around.