Easter Sunday is always special, and it didn't disappoint
this year. We had a meaningful day discussing why we celebrate Easter and how important it is to remember why we do. Here are the kiddos ready for church.
Last weekend, Dave ran his fourth half marathon. He was running a quicker pace than any of his other races, but he got a cramp and had to walk it out. Even with cramping up, he tied his best time, so we are proud.
I feel like I am adding to the spring scents, but not in a pleasingly aromatic way. Last week, I was covered in Brenna's puke, this week, I have cleaned up her poop off my floor multiple times. In fact, just a minute ago, I walked by her door as she is supposed to be having quiet time and there was a faint odor. This was unnerving as it had been quiet for a good 10 min, where I am used to her banging on the door exclaiming, "Let me out mom! I happy!" Sure enough, as I opened the door she was caught red handed...or brown handed, and brown armed and brown legged. She had yet again, attempted to change her own dirty diaper. Have I tried pull-ups, potty training, diapers on backwards? Yes to all those. We've washed up, but I can't seem to feel clean. Maybe the kitchen sink explosion has something to do with it...our disposal was backed up (not a good idea to dump a huge spinach salad down the drain), and I thought I could take the pipes apart and get the blockage cleared. Well, yes I could...only my little bowl for the draining, wasn't prepared for the spray of green water flowing all over. The water reached from under the sink to the pantry. I'm not sure why I think I am a plumber at times, but hey, I saved myself a service call. So, if you happen to be around me and you catch a whiff of "new car," I've decided to insert the car fresheners to the insides of my clothes. It's for the good of all.
5 comments:
Ha! Your posts always make me smile. You really attempted it yourself? I would have at least had Dave be the one sprayed with the gunk...oh and no fun with the Brenna thing. Not sure what to suggest. Ty just wants to be "naked boy" all the time, but it hasn't coincided with poop coming out (yet)..knock on wood...the kids look so sharp for Easter--LOVE Katelee's hair!
Yes we need to catch up. I guess my cell is the best # to reach me on. Just like with you depends on the day and whether I have my hands full or not. We will connect at some point! Love ya!
Oh and p.s. I have 3 plumbers in my immediate family so if push comes to shove, two of them don't live far ...
I'm sad I missed you on Saturday.
The only thing that ever worked for me to prevent my kids from taking their own diapers off was to get zip up pj's (the one piece ones with the feet), cut the feet out, and put the pj's on your kid backwards. My kids could never get the zipper down when it started at the base of their neck. Some have a button snap over the zipper, even better. Good luck with that. Poo on arms and legs, no good!
That is too many springy smells, I hope this week has been fresher.
Kara,
You always make me laugh!! That Brenna is something else!! Never a dull moment in your McArthur home!! Tell Dave congrats on his marathon. That is awesome!! Hope the springy smells start smelling a little more springy and not so poopy!! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment