Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Decade to Us!

Yesterday was a pretty big milestone-10 years of marriage!  This year we are all about 'counting' things as our anniversary gift/celebration.  We decided to 'count' our weekend getaway last month as our anniversary trip.  We are also 'counting' some new furniture as our gift.  We are really crossing our fingers and hoping he qualifies for his big President's Club trip this summer because this is what we really want to apply to our anniversary counting list.  So, sell baby sell...Italy would be amazing!
 Of course with each year, you reflect on your accomplishments, think back about how happy we were that day walked out of the temple, excited for our future.  I see these pictures and am impressed with our growth-as individuals, yes,  but mostly as a couple and family.  Obviously the members we have added to our family is our greatest joy.    We were in love for sure 10 years ago, but I think we can add appreciation and strength to our bonding qualities.  We work for our relationship.  I know many people that marriage comes easy for....that is not exactly us! 
 We are two very different people, with often times opposing parenting styles, contrasting opinions and stubborn streaks.  But, when it comes down to it, we are committed and unified.  We've experienced highs and lows, but definitely the good outweighs the bad!  I wanted to give Dave something special to let him know how amazing he is to me.  I made a calendar book with a memory we've shared or quality about him printed on every single day.  At first, the thought of making hundreds of good uplifting days seemed daunting, but as I got going, I realized that I have so much to say.  The good is so easy to find when you are looking for it.  I think that is what makes a strong marriage and that is what I want to focus on as a partner. 
 Tomorrow we get to spend the entire day together-shop, movie, dinner, and our annual tradition of doing sealings in the temple around our anniversary date.  I am so glad we found each other, made the decision to get hitched and that we made promises in the temple that keep us on a path of happiness, if we keep our end of the bargain.  Here's to another decade of memories, family, laughter, and for many decades more!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Are you sure those pictures weren't taken last month? Still just as cute as you were then.

Dubb Days said...

Oh my goodness. Such great shots. Looking at those brings back memories of your whole courting process. I can't believe it has been ten years for a lot of us. I sure hope you get that trip to Italy! Sending happy sales thoughts your way!

Angela said...

You guys have not aged at all, Happy decade, I think you are the best couple.

Lisa McArthur said...

I remembered it was 10 years because I was pregnant with Lizzy and didn't get to come as much as I wanted to. Happy Anniversary to you guys!! Russell and I will celebrate 24 years in August so we are hoping to go to Hawaii next year for our 25th anniversary. Let me tell you the years go by so fast!! I remember when my parents had been married as long as we have!! We wish you many more years to come and it just keeps getting better!!

Aubrey said...

Congrats! Loved the pics and totally remember your fun reception. Enjoy your celebrations and good luck on Italy!

Sermons of the Day said...

Love it!!!!!

Tammy said...

Loved looking at this post Kara. You guys are so adorable in all your pictures. Love it! And congrats on 10 years!