The next day we went to Bryce Canyon. Grant kept asking where it was and when we reached it he said, "This is it? I want to go inside." Dave and I marveled at the grandeur and decided to take a small hike with the kids. Grant's enthusiasm for the exercise went something like this, (over and over) "I don't like hikes. Nah, I don't like em." I think he secretly loved it! We took the Mossy Cave/Waterfall Hike, the kids loved the river and tossing pebbles in...or boulders if you are Dave.
Alas, I almost forgot to mention that I received my first speeding ticket while on vacation! That officer of Cedar City was in a tricky spot and I can no longer say I have a clean driving record. Dave was laughing cuz I always give him a hard time about his driving, and of course, I get pulled over with him in the car! Grant was worried the entire rest of the trip and kept telling me I was going too fast, the police were going to get me.
All in all, we had a blast and loved spending the time together enjoying the awesome scenery! There were a few "I want to go home," moments from Grant, the most difficult time for our boy was when we pulled up to our house, as we returned home. Grant saw our garbage cans left out and let out a sob because the garbage man had come without him being here! Apparently trips aren't worth it if you miss garbage pick up day. The last couple of days all he has said was how he wants to go back to his hotel!! I think we can chalk the trip up as a success!
10 comments:
What a fun trip!!! I have been to those places with my family but don't know if I dare take the kids. They would probably jump off a cliff. Glad you had fun.
Wow, Kara, long time no see, eh? I have actually looked at your blog a couple of times lately and let me just say that your kids are the cutest. Grant has quite the personality and both of them are adorable. It's so fun to see what you're up to. Hope all is well...
Sounds like Grant really enjoyed the sites! Looks like a fun time however. Glad you went and took advantage of all the scenic landscape Utah has to offer!
Wow--you brave parents! Your kids must be good carseat people. That is really neat! I love the cute picture of Dave and Katelee walking side by side. Oh and you were right--we have been napping both times that you have called. We will connect one of these days! Sorry we haven't yet.
Way to go, you adventurous peoples. Call me next time, eh?
sounds like fun. My sister had a hard time with the dropping your drawers and going on park tree with her little guy, but he eventually learned, so here's hopin'. I guess I have some fun times to look forward to.
You guys are brave to do such stuff with young kids. It looked like a lot of fun though and yet another Grant story that gets me crackin' up. Sometimes I like that Ty isn't quite ready for the potty training thing.
I just love Grant!! Never a dull moment.
Obviously we haven't talked forever! Looks like a great family vacation. Your commentary just cracks me up.
seriously I am crying from laughing so hard. I need to check out your blog more often. Grant is my new favorite person.
Post a Comment